47 | don't want no other shade of blue but you

ENZO
__________________________

Lydia just came out of the shower, and she seemed to have cried some more. Her usual rosy cheeks were red, and her eyes slightly swollen. I just wanted to hold her until this would no longer hurt. Her future was ruined, and so was mine.

We layed down in bed without speaking a word. She was the first one to break the silence. "If I could, I'd run away with you," She chuckled weakly, causing me to smile. I quite liked that idea. "Being on the run sounds much better than being married to a prick."

"I hate him already." I said, and it wasn't a lie. I'd thought about killing him ten times this evening. "Me too. He said that he intended on falling in love with me. As if I could ever love him.." Lydia scoffed, tucking her hair behind her ear. "Is he handsome?" I asked, sounding unintentionally jealous.

Of course I was jealous of the man who'd marry her.

"Incredibly handsome, but his personality seems to be shitty, so I don't care about his looks at all." She said, so I smiled weakly. I would've been less worried if she told me that he wasn't good looking. "Today I realized quite a lot about love," She spoke, so I looked her hopefully into her eyes.

"It can't be forced. That's why this arranged marriage is useless. And that there's only one person now that I'm allowed to love, but I'm already breaking that rule." Lydia said, clearing her throat. My heart wasn't beating as slow anymore, it was thumping loudly in my chest and I knew she could probably hear it. "You are..?" I asked.

"Yes. And I wanted to tell my parents today, but I knew it wouldn't have worked. But you know how rebellious I can be," She said, licking her lips, shaking her head. "And I know who I'd marry if I did have a choice." She whispered.

Oh, dear. She was looking me into my eyes and I could've sworn that my heart was about to explode. "I'm not married yet. I'm still allowed to do whatever I want." She whispered, then I felt her knee brush mine when she moved closer.

What if what she wanted was now wrong?
She was practically engaged.
But I wanted her.

"And perhaps I'll even continue to do what I want when I'm a married woman. My parents said that they want me to be a wife, they didn't say anything about being loyal," She grinned mischievously, then brushed a strand of hair away from my forehead. "Why would I be? I didn't choose for this."

"Lydia.." The whisper left my mouth before I could even think about it. Never in my whole life would I have imagined her to be this intimately close to me. "I however am choosing for this.." She whispered. Lydia started leaning into my face, brushing her nose over mine—

And she fucking kissed me.

I furrowed my brows and moaned in pure delight. I didn't have to worry about anything anymore, because this was heaven, this was peace. She stroked her fingers through my hair, draping her leg over my hip. Kissing her was needy, it was real and it was perfect and soft. She was perfect.

"Enzo.." She whispered my name, and my heart fluttered from the way it sounded. I moved my lips against hers, tasting the mint and feeling the softness that I'd been fantasizing about for months. She was my purest fantasy, but now we were about to be forbidden.

I gently caressed her face, brushing her lovely red hair away from her eyes. Kissing someone had never felt this good before. I was so desperately in love and I wasn't ashamed of it anymore. She slowly moved over onto her back, pulling me on top of her. Like the gentleman that I was, I kept myself from being pressed up against her.

"Enzo— what's wrong..?" She asked, breaking the kiss for a moment. "I don't want to make you uncomfortable.." I whispered nervously, staring at her lips with longing. "I've never been more comfortable.." She whispered, placing her hand on my chest, now able to feel my racing heart.