21 | when everything turns cold

DRACO
________________________

My drink wasn't tasting the same anymore. It was bitter and burned my throat way too much. I looked around the room, waiting for her to come back. "There's like a few men weirdly staring at us." Enzo whispered to me, what caused me to look around even more, trying to see what he was seeing.

He was right. My eyes fell on one particular guy. His hair was as dark as the energy he gave off. "You're armed, right?" Enzo whispered to me. I narrowed my eyes at the strange man while replying. "Yes, of course." I said quietly.

"Try reading his mind." Enzo said, then turned to Ezra who had been looking especially pale this evening. I looked at the man, then focused on his mind. Everything went cold in my body.

"Y/N.." I muttered, the color draining from my face while I got up from my chair, racing towards the bathroom. I crashed the door open. No one. "Y/N!" I called her name just to be sure. No answer.

"What's wrong?!" Enzo said fiercely, his eyes wide. It felt like my heart just wasn't beating anymore. "It's him.." I said, all the air leaving the room. God, I couldn't breathe. "He fucking took her.."

Enzo's face fell immediately, his eyes now not gentle at all, but fierce instead. "We know where he lives. He just wants to fight.." Enzo said, while I saw Ezra coming towards us from the corner of my eye. "He's not there. He's somewhere else. I don't know where.." I said breathlessly.

I turned around, taking my gun out of my belt, taking the safety switch off. I wanted to kill everyone in this fucking room. "Malfoy, don't start anything." Ezra hissed, grabbing me by my shirt, but I pushed his hand away. "They fucking started!" I said. Ezra closed the bathroom door behind us.

"You don't understand, this was all planned. She knew this was gonna happen." Ezra said. Enzo and I both couldn't believe this. "Don't you dare fucking lie to me.." I hissed, willing to kill him now too.

"I'm not lying! You can even check her purse, she left a letter for you. That's what I was talking about with her today. I was the only one who knew." Ezra said. None of this made sense, I wasn't sure if I even wanted it to make sense. "Why didn't you tell me?!" I yelled, my heart now pounding with anger.

"Because she made me promise not to! He called her two days ago and told her to do this, if she didn't he'd kill us all. She did this for you! She doesn't want you to look for her." Ezra said loudly.

"Bullshit!" I hissed.

"Read the fucking letter, Malfoy! She'll eventually find a way to get out of there! She doesn't want you looking for her for your safety. Just trust me for one fucking time!" Ezra yelled.

How hadn't I noticed? Why didn't I try to figure out why she seemed to sad today? Why had I failed to protect her?

Enzo opened the door a little. "They're gone." He said, his voice sounding empty. "Of course they are, they got what they wanted, didn't they?!" I hissed, running a hand through my hair. I couldn't believe this— I didn't want to believe this.

"We'll get her back, Draco. We'll try to figure something out. She'll too. She's smart." Enzo said, opening the door. We walked back to the bar. Ezra quickly explained everything to Theo and Blaise, but I wasn't even listening. I opened her purse, taking out the letter I found in there.