32 | the last piece of the puzzle

Leo,

I hate you. I'm glad I can say this now without paying the price for it. I hate you, I hate everything about you and I'm so thankful that you're dead. You brought back a part of me that I didn't know even existed. You made me feel the same way that Riley did. You ruined me again.

But I know I'm stronger than that. I can't let you have that kind of power over me anymore. You had me in your grip for a month, had full access to me for thirty fucking days. And now you're gone and I'm taking back everything you took from me. You're not real anymore, you're dead.

I wish you could hear all of this. I wish you knew what a terrible person you were. You were a selfish, cruel, abusive, manipulative liar. I fell for your stupid tricks but then fell right on my face when you revealed your true self. And you disgusted me.

You tried to kill me so Draco would suffer. All because I broke your heart. But why? Why did you act like getting a broken heart was so suprising when you caused it yourself?

I'm getting my revenge by being what you didn't want me to be. I'm in love with Draco. You knew and you hated me for it. Draco's still alive, I'm alive, and you're not. And I love him, I love him in ways that you'll never be able to understand. You never knew what love was. You were just sick.

You'll never have power over me ever again,
Fuck you,
Y/N.

I tore the letter out of my notebook, then ripped it to shreds, a weird sort of relief washing over me. I sighed, looking down at the mess I made. But that was the mess in my head that was now on my bed. Maybe I was able to let this go.

"Did that piece of paper insult you or something?"

I look up, only to see Draco standing in my doorway, arms crossed. "No, the other way around." I smiled, gathering the bits of paper and stumbling over to the bin, throwing them away. "How come you're being so distant?" Draco asked, entering my room.

"I'm not— okay, I am— but it has nothing to do with you. My mind is just foggy and shit." I said, sitting back down on my bed. Draco was now in my room and I was having trouble thinking. "Is that what you and Enzo were talking about this morning?" Draco asked, walking over to me.

I was hoping he wouldn't start talking about that. Because now I actually had to come up with another stupid lie. The truth was scary.

"No." I said, watching Draco sit down on my bed. "What were you two talking about then?" He asked, slowly tucking my hair behind my ear. My body went instantly hot. "Why do you want to know?" I asked, tilting my head a little, trying not to smile.

"Because I heard you giggling and I'd sure like to know what kind of conversation makes you laugh so adorably." He grinned, looking at my eyes, then at my lips, releasing a deep breath. I wish I was able to read his mind sometimes. "It's complicated." I whispered, looking down at my lap.

"I'm listening." He said, raising his eyebrows in curiosity. "I was asking Enzo for advice on a situation. A private situation." I mumbled, cursing myself out in my mind for being such a bad liar. "A private situation, hm?" Draco repeated, narrowing his eyes, looking down at my lap.

"A private situation that makes you feel nervous?" He asked, noticing that I was fiddling with my hands. I nodded, wondering if he was reading my mind. "Did Enzo give you good advice?" Draco asked. Something about the way he looked at me made me believe that he already knew.

"Yes." I said. Enzo was being too light about this, when in reality I was on the verge of fainting whenever Draco looked at me. "And are you going to use it?" Draco asked. Hm, am I going to tell Draco how I feel tonight? Not sure yet.