1 | when love made me bleed

I was sure that I was going to die.

Blood was gushing down my left leg after he threw a piece of glass at me. Riley started shouting again, but I couldn't hear him through my screams of pain. He walked towards me, grabbed my hair and forced me to look him into his eyes.

"Why aren't you listening to me?" He said in his low and dark voice. I felt so helpless. I was about to give up. This was never going to end. Maybe I should stop fighting him. "P-Please.." I begged, my hands covered in blood from trying to put pressure on the wound on my thigh. He just chuckled. Chuckled as if my pain was funny and enjoyable.

"You're always fighting me, baby. Why won't you just give in and love me?" Riley whispered, smiling like a maniac. I'd rather die than love him— I was sure. "You don't deserve to be loved." I managed to say, my mouth also tasting like blood.

He took in a deep breath, his eyes piercing through my soul. He raised his hand. I closed my eyes. At first it felt like everything went in slowmotion, until I heard a loud noise and opened my eyes.

Then the door got kicked in.

A normal person would've screamed, but I sighed and smiled. I didn't know whether it was from defeat or relief. Riley dropped me and turned around, causing me to fall to the floor.

I didn't know who just kicked the door in, and I couldn't care less. I would still be glad if they were serial killers. Just save me from Riley.

"On your knees, right now." A male voice spoke. When I looked up, I saw him. There were three guys standing in the middle of Riley's apartment, pointing guns at him. Muggles, perhaps?

The guy in the middle had brown wavy hair and soft facial features. The guy on his left had pale skin and black curly hair, but quite short. The guy on the right was shorter, but also had black hair.

Riley froze, I had never seen him this frightened before. He held his hands up beside his head and got down on his knees. "Should we take him?" The guy on the right asked the guy in the middle. "No, not yet." The brown haired guy spoke. He didn't look scary or intimidating at all. "Grab her."

My eyes widened. The black haired guys came walking towards me while the other guy kept his gun pointed at Riley. "What do you want from her?" Riley hissed. The brown haired guy now pressed the gun against his forehead. "Don't fucking talk."

I gasped when the two guys grabbed my arms roughly, lifting me off the floor. "Be gentle." The brown haired guy said, frowning. The weird thing was that I didn't try to struggle. Even if they were going to kill me, I'd do anything to get away from Riley. "We'll come back for you." One of the guys spoke to Riley. They were angry.

The guys dragged me out of the room, while the other closed the door, locking it with a spell. "He won't be able to leave." He said to the others. Even if I had the energy to talk, I wouldn't know what to say. What the absolute fuck was going on?

They took me down stairs, out of the building, to Riley's private parking lot, where another black car was now parked. "I'll sit with her. Ezra, you drive." The brown haired guy said, opening the door to the backseat. The guy that was apparently named Ezra pushed me into the car. I didn't care if I was safe.
I wasn't stuck with Riley anymore.

Tears streamed silently down my cheeks while Ezra tied my wrists together with black rope. "That's not necessary. She's not struggling." The guy next to me spoke, bringing his hand to my wrists, but Ezra pushed him off. "Not yet." He hissed.

Ezra closed the door and sat down in the driver's seat, starting the engine. "You don't have to be scared anymore. You're safe now, even if it doesn't look like it." The guy next to me spoke.