16 | the reality of attraction

We finally got out of bed an hour later. I was delighted to see Lydia sitting in the dining room, having breakfast. "Goodmorning." She said with a soft smile, her wavy red hair tied back in a loose ponytail. "Morning." I grinned, sitting down next to her while Draco sat down infront of me.

"Took you two a while, hm?" Theo sighed, sitting next to Ezra who looked angrier than normal. His eyes always looked like they could kill, but they were especially scary today. "We got home around four, give us a break." I said defensively.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked Lydia. She still had dark circles under her eyes, but that didn't suprise me. "Not really. Had a few nightmares." She said softly, tucking a loose strand of her hair behind her ear. "Didn't anyone stay with you?" I asked worriedly. She shook her head.

I glared at Ezra, frowning. I knew he had like this weird thing going on between me and her, but he loved her once and she'd been through hell. How could he have been so selfish?

"My door is always open if you can't sleep. Don't worry, I get nightmares too." I said softly. She looked at me and smiled, then turned her head to Draco. "I don't want to be a burden. I know he stays with you every night." Lydia said.

"He'll sleep on the couch. It's no big deal, really." I said, while Draco nodded as a confirmation. "Thanks." She grinned, eating a small amount of what was on her plate. I did that too when I first came here, so I understood.

Ezra was able to comfort her last night, but he couldn't be a decent person and stay with her?

After breakfast I went up to my room, but instead of Draco following me it was Ezra this time. "What do you want?" I asked in a monotone voice, sighing. "Why'd you give me that look?" He said in a low voice, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Because you're a dick." I said, causing him to raise his eyebrows. "Why didn't you stay with her?"

"Because we're not together anymore." Ezra said simply. I was seriously losing my faith in this man. "So? You could just be a decent human being and care for someone who's been through hell?" I said, crossing my arms over each other.

"Oh, I get it. Sorry I'm not like your perfect Malfoy.." Ezra scoffed, clenching his jaw. I wished that I could read his mind in that moment to figure out what the absolute fuck was wrong with him. "Don't play that game with me, Ezra.." I sighed, shaking my head.

"I just don't care about her anymore." Ezra said, and it honestly stunned me. "Then why were you looking for her?" I asked, widening my eyes.

"I was bored. Happens." Ezra said. This man was awakening so much anger inside of me in that moment. "You're disgusting, just like Riley.." I muttered the last part, but judging by the look on his face he'd heard me. "Being a heartless dick doesn't look good on you, at all." I added.

"You drive me fucking insane.." Ezra hissed, glaring at me with eyes that could kill. "Yeah, happens when I give people a reality check." I sighed, not scared of him at all because I knew Draco was downstairs. "You just don't understand." Ezra said.

"Yes, I do! I was you a few months ago. I was heartless at the start of my relationship with Riley because of my past. But the difference is that Riley didn't deserve me and Lydia deserves so much better than what you're giving her right now. So maybe think better about what you're doing." I said.

I turned around and went into my room, shutting the door with a slam. God, what an energy vampire.

__
I got ready for the day, dressing myself in an off-shoulder white dress. I let my hair down, applying some lipbalm infront of the mirror.