Late

Footsteps echoed through the silent hall as she made her way through the university building in a hurried pace, her breathing was uneven as she burst through the doors of her class. Allowing her lungs to get it's necessary requirement of air she examined the classroom as all eyes were on her.

Her teacher was Mr. Vikrant Khanna, who was an arrogant, straightforward and unapproachable pain in the a** with unfortunate beautiful jet black hair framing his face. She locked eyes with him as they held a mix of emotions; emotions she couldn't read.

With all eyes on her she waited for the scolding to come, for him to publicly embarrass her for being late to his class but it never came instead he gave her a silent nod before continuing his lecture. As if he knew why she was late.

Taking this opportunity she quickly settled herself in the back of the class before taking out her belongings. Adjusting her jacket with a swift movement her eyes watched him as he carried himself with a certain grace, one that she clearly didn't possess.

She heard whispers along the row as she started taking notes from the lecture. She could feel the stares along her back as she scribbled quick notes in her textbook watching the way the lecture was delivered to keep the class involved. "Any questions??" Mr. Khanna asked as the bell rang indicating the end of class. "Selena, could I talk to you at the end of class?"

Nodding silently she gathered her belongings before walking down towards her teacher. "Yes, Sir?" She asked, knowing what was going on. "I- I -" He sighed before continuing what he was about to say. "Selena, I'm sorry for your loss." This was expected as the air got knocked out of her lungs.

"Formalities aside, Jacob was my best friend and I just wanted to extend my apology and condolences to you and your family," She nodded weakly as bitter thoughts surrounded her. 'If you were his best friend, where were you when he needed you the most? How come I've never heard of you before' All her thoughts confirmed to pure bluff and bullshit coming out of his mouth as she fixed her gaze on the floor with her hands tightly gripping her books.

"I'll take my leave, Sir" She said as he nodded as if hesitating to say more.