Mum. (SSC)

A/N= This story is dedicated to my amazing mum and also I had entered this short story for a competition.

ENJOY!

=====

 The smell of fish and chips fills up my nostrils, the cracking of oil and the hiss of water cooling down hot pans reach my ears as I walk into the kitchen. There standing in the middle of the kitchen, looking rather amused was my mum; phone on the counter, laughing while washing dishes. The sight was rather. . . entertaining.

A smile graced my face as I watched her.

''Hi mummy,'' I said while grabbing two plates and a container of snacks.

''Hi Sammy,'' She replied as I laughed.

''Do you want anything to eat?'' I asked her.

''No,'' She said as she focused on her multi-task duty of cooking, working, and talking.

Walking out of the kitchen, I placed the plates and container on the table and sat down, embracing the heat and warmth given both by the sunlight and heat pump. My eyes focused on the computer system corrupting half the space the table provided, sighing I waited for my sister to come downstairs.

Footsteps and laughter filled my ears as I smiled.' I'm glad she's laughing, she's always kept her walls up and had to be so strong, played it off so well that no one could really decipher what she was feeling but it was obvious in her eyes, the way she felt was displayed in there.' I thought to myself.

''Hey.'' A voice said.

Looking up I met my sister's gaze, I smiled as she sat down. ''What are you gonna do today?'' I asked her, clueless about what I was going to do myself.

''Write my short stories and read.'' She said and then shrugged.

''Yeah, same,'' I said and opened up the container.

Inside were some chips and biscuits that had been open for school purposes, specifically for morning tea. My stomach grumbled as I got up and fetched my chocolate yogurt stored in the fridge.

I looked in the kitchen and saw my mum washing the fry pan as the fish and chips were stored in a dish. 'Thank God, I was blessed with such an amazing mum.'

''I love you'' My eyes widened as I realized I said that out loud.

''Huh? Did you say something?'' My mum asked as she turned around looking at me directly in the eyes.

''Uh..... I said I love you my yogurt that's waiting for me in the fridge right now.'' I said as I turned around and left.

''Sam, your yogurt is in the fridge.'' My mum said with a laugh.