No longer mine.

"han woh aankhe jinhe mein chumata tha bevajah pyaar mere liye kyon unamen baaki na raha'' The song blasted through the quiet apartment as water slid down her body, soothing her mind and easing her pain. She scrubbed the soap hard against her body trying to get rid of any traces of his touch.

Tears slid down her cheeks as she shook her head. "He's no longer mine," Her voice cracked as hot tears filled her eyes and she bit hard on her lip to avoid letting out a heartbroken choke. She sniffed before washing her face, memories went through her head as she let out a bitter laugh. "He knew everything, the way I felt for him. That his every little movement sent nerves and butterflies fluttering in my stomach . . that I was in love with him."

"And everyone told me I had it bad, that it was going to be me in the end who got hurt and yet. . ." Her voice trailed off as she thought of everything they shared between the two of them and how it ended. "A text," She let out a sob remembering all that was shared in that conversation.

Her phone rang as she switched the water off and wrapped a towel around her body. Tucking a strand of face away from her hair she slipped into pajamas as quickly as she could before answering her phone. "Hello?" She whispered as if afraid to break the silence.

Breathing.

That was all she could hear and yet she knew it was his breathing, his voice. . . that it was him on the other end of the line and as comforting as the thought was her heart broke. She couldn't do this to herself every time he wanted her back; every time he needed her back and so, she hung up the phone.

A/N: The lyrics are from the song ''humnava mere'' by Jubin Nautiyal who is one of my favorite singers.