Changes

Sweeping the floor, grease-covered hands and sweaty palms took control of the atmosphere as a brunette haired-girl wrote in a rust-colored journey, recording all the events that had occurred in the previous 24 hours of her day.

Watching scenes of unfairness, inequality and mistreatment pass my eyes without being able to do anything about it, having no say on how others with a different skin color should be treated instead of being looked down upon and cast aside.

Tucking in a strand of her hair out of her face with a focused look of concentration trained on her face, the girl continued writing the details of her day, ignoring the stares and chatter around her as a person approached her.

Clearing his throat, catching her attention, and closing her journey with a snap, he spoke '' Miss. Cruz, your father has requested your presence.'' looking up she spoke hushed words as if not wanting to attract any unnecessary attention though it seemed impossible as every pair of ears had been perked and adjusted to listen to both speaking; one heavy but gentle voice while the other was a mystery.

Glancing back to her journey and at the man named, Alfie she sighed and got up out of her chair if the moment was able to be recreated along with the girl's feelings one word would've fit the situation perfectly; displeasure, the displeasure of how things were, had been for a while now with a never-ending story.

A story she was going to change, following Alfie out of the grill she looked back, focusing on the silhouettes working non-stop, having no one to look after them or treat them right, constantly having to look behind their backs. . . things were going to change, from now onwards.