A phone call and comfort talks. (Part 2)

Walking inside the girl went back to the group and sat down on the couch ignoring the look from Jax. I watched as everyone was having a conversation of their own. Remembering her best friend's words she thought of Jackson, Sam, and her. The trio they used to be, the girl inhaled through her nose and exhaled when she made eye contact with Sam. She sent a small yet awkward smile his way.

''So, Athena right?'' A girl with brown hair and blonde highlights asked her.

''Yeah, named after the Greek goddess.'' The girl answered, aware of the eyes trained on her.

''Your Layla?'' Athena asked in a curious tone as the girl nodded.

''So how do you know Sam?'' She knew the question was bound to be asked but still couldn't help but freeze at the question.

Clearing her throat she looked around her, watching the people seated by her. Her eyes stopped on Jax for a second until they looked back at the girl who asked the question. ''We met in school, primary school to be exact. At first, when we met I thought he'd be that type of boy that would ditch you the second he found out how messed up your life is but he wasn't'' Athena paused as she chose her next words.

''We then met Jackson when we were 11, at that time Sam and Jackson were on the same team playing football while I was wary of Jackson because simply put I didn't like him but after a while, I grew fond of him and he sorta became someone I loved. And then life just hit us and some of us went our separate ways, now it's just Jack and I.'' Everyone nodded their heads at her words about life.

Sam coughed, breaking the silence. The silence was very awkward as everyone just looked around, watching each other. Suddenly Athena's phone rang. Looking at the screen, she rolled her eyes playfully when she noticed it was Jackson who was calling her, again,

''Speak of the devil and they shall arrive.''

''Oh I'm honored to be the devil T,'' She could detect the amusement in his voice.

''So what's up?'' The girl tamed the nerves fluttering in his stomach.

''So, remember how I was telling you about Clare and I.'' A sigh escaped her lips at the mention of Clare, the girl who had played with Jackson's heart.

''Please tell me you put her in her place.'' Sam threw her a look of surprise at Athena's straightforwardness. She heard her best friend laugh. ''Yes, Thena I did but she asked about you and Jax, what did she mean?.''

It was now Athena's turn to look surprised. ''Can we talk about this later? I promise I'll tell you everything and get your head out of the gutter'' Knowing exactly what the boy was thinking.

''It was never there in the first place T.'' The boy replied back.