HER

Blond hair framed his face; defining his features. Ocean blue eyes followed her figure, watched the way she laughed, and adored the way her eyes lit up when she saw him. 'It's always been her.' He thought. It pained him to see her hurt, fueled him with rage and fury to see her beautiful brown eyes filled with tears.

''Hey Xander, whatcha thinking about?'' Turning to the source of the question, he was met by the sight of his best friend Royce, Royce Patterson.

''Eleanor,'' He answered as Royce quickly nodded his head and took a seat next to the teenager.

It was obvious to everyone but her, that he was absolutely and utterly in love with her. Her pain was his, her happiness was his, her wins were his; everything that she felt, he felt double the amount of.

''I--uh what about her exactly?'' He asked uncertain of which direction the conversation was going in.

Running his hands through his hair, Xander replied. ''Man, I-- I want to tell her,''

Royce stood up, gapping like a fish. '' T-tell her.'' He managed to choke out. Never in a million years had Royce thought, his best friend would man up and confess. He watched as his best friend laughed at his reaction and then looked directly at him, dead in the eyes.

''She's always on my mind man, your right, if not now then when? When she's with someone else living her life and happy; happier than I'll feel at that moment.'' He paused as Royce nodded.

'' I guess I didn't see it at first, the way she made me felt every time when she was and wasn't around, the urge I felt just to hear her laugh, the way my heart sped up and butterflies fluttered in my stomach whenever she smiled my way. I didn't see it at the first but it's there; it's always been there and it's something I'll fight for, cause she's worth it. . . she's worth everything.'' He said.

Royce smiled softly, he knew that this boy was in too deep but he also knew that this connection was mutual, they both felt it. There was a spark between them, one that couldn't be denied. Clearing his throat, Xander looked at him.

Shaking his head, Royce spoke softly almost afraid he'd scare the boy away. ''Your definitely hooked man but, honestly you should tell her, all these things that you've said to me; it's beautiful. If I were a girl, I would've instantly fallen for you if you said the exact same words to me.'' Laughing, Xander got up.

''Well, man, I guess this is where we depart.'' Getting up, both boys did their handshake. Smiling Xander gave Royce a quick hug.

Pulling back, Royce spoke with a smirk on his face. ''Go get your girl man,''

 A/N=

I really like this short story and I really feel like Royce is my favorite character. When I started writing this short story I was listening to 'Falling' from WDW and it gave me the feeling and vibe to write a short story and it ended up great. Anyways and the ocean blue eyes were inspired by Daniel and blond hair from Jace.

Feel free to leave your thoughts and opinions.

Love Kashu11.