''Oscar''

The boy struggled to breathe as he collapsed on the floor, he dismissed the noise around him and voices of concern, he allowed himself to close his eyes as tears built up. He choked on air and gasped loudly mumbling words, trying to calm down. His palms were sweaty and the voices around him weren't helping.

Closing his eyes shut and he started to count down from ten focusing on his breathing.

Ten.

Inhale, exhale.

Nine.

Inhale

Exhale.

Eight.

Inhale.

Exhale.

Terror started clinging onto his skin as tears rolled down his cheeks, his head was spinning as he forced his eyes to stay open. ''Oscar.'' His ears perked up as his breathing fastened. He felt like the air in his lungs got knocked out and now he was suffocating, his chest tightened as a hand was placed on his shoulder. Flinching he pulled away and pushed himself against the wall hoping to make himself look smaller.

''Oscar'' He heard the voice again but this time it was closer. His vision blurred slightly as hot tears fell from his face. He placed his head in his arms and tried to focus around him. ''Oscar,'' There it was. ''Oscar, it's me, Amelia. Can you hear me?'' He listened to her voice as she continued talking. ''Oscar, I know you can hear me but I need you to respond okay? I'm right here by your side and I promise I'm not going to leave, not again.'' She whispered to herself but Oscar heard it.

Chills ran down his spine as he pushed himself further into the wall, wishing the ground beneath him would just swallow him. ''Ozzy, can you hear me?'' This time he nodded ignoring the warm fuzzy feeling in his chest upon hearing the nickname. ''Okay, good. I need you to listen to my voice and my voice only is that okay?'' He nodded his head and slowly looked up. Brown eyes met hazel eyes and he swore for a second he saw specks of gold in her eyes.

His eyes trailed on the crowd around him and he found the panic and terror hanging in the pit of his stomach. A hand was placed on his shoulder and he was met with the warm complex of hazel eyes looking at him with warmth and love. He found himself looking for signs of pity and sympathy, there were no signs and he found himself feeling slightly relaxed. ''Ozzy, name 5 things you can see.'' His eyes looked around and he found himself staring at the girl in front of him. ''J-j-just five?'' Amelia nodded as he named the five that caught his eye. ''You, a crowd of people a-around m-me, um th-there's a window, some bricks, and I-I c-can see that sky.'' Nodding, she gave him a smiled and held onto his hands.

''Name 4 things you can touch.'' The girl spoke softly to him as he spoke quickly, controlling his breathing. ''You, I can feel my clothes against my skin, the brick wall I'm leaning against and the ground I'm sitting on.'' ''Now breath with me.'' Listening to Amelia's instructions he followed the pace of her breathing as he felt his heart hammering against his chest as he slowed his breathing.

''Tell me about 3 sounds you can hear.'' He looked around him, listening to the atmosphere around him. He heard children running while their parents scolded them, he heard some birds in the distance calling to one another and he could hear the sound of his breathing.

''My breathing, children laughing and some birds.''

''You're doing great Oz.'' His heart did a flip in his chest as he heard another nickname come out of her mouth.

''What are 2 scents you can smell?''

''Smoke and strawberries.'' He watched Amelia frown. ''Your strawberry scented shampoo.'' His response caused the girl to blush from embarrassment. ''I guess I use it too much.'' She admitted as she bit her lip to stop smiling. His breathing was now under control but occasionally the pain in his chest hit him.

''Oz, name 1 flavor you can taste.'' She said as he frowned.

''Flavor? Um, I can taste my Colgate.'' The girl chuckled and then gave him a look. ''Colgate?? No food?'' She asked as he sighed. ''I missed breakfast.'' He admitted as the girl playfully punched him. ''Come on,'' She said as she got up, giving him a hand. ''My treat.''