Episode 24

Y/n's pov:

I felt the fear I never ever felt before. There were goosebumps all over my body and my heart beating hard against my chest.

Did he saw me? was the question haunting me inside. But if he saw me there then why didn't he tried to chase me?

"I-I... ", nothing was coming out of my mouth. My brain stopped working and that too at the time I needed it the most.

"You went to taehyung's office early in the morning and dropped it there?", he asked with an eyebrow raised.

Early in the morning? I guess he don't know I heard him there.

"Y-yeah I went to meet him early in the day to invite him for the engagement. I must've dropped it that time.", I said trying to force a smile and took the necklace from his hand.

He looked at me with intense eyes for a while, trying to look through my soul.

He don't believe me? He believing me right now is important. I need to divert his mind until I know the truth myself.

"Jungkook I wanted to ask you for something.", I said holding his one hand in mine.

His eyes grew wide and a crimson red color appeared on his cheeks.

"Can I stay here till the engagement? I really can't live alone now. The lonely house haunts me a lot these days.", I said and a smile crept on his face.

"I wanted to ask you for it too but I thought you may not agree for it. Y/n this is your house. This house and this man and everything this man owns is all yours. And to tell you, I also can't live alone anymore. If you agree, we can get married instead of the engagement. What do you say?", he asked smiling ear to ear.

"No jungkook. Engagement is a better decision for now. We should get to know each other a bit better first. Okay?", I awkwardly said and he just warily nodded.

"Let's go to my room for now. I have some clothes for you there. You can change into them after freshning up. We can visit your house later to get your stuff.", he said and stood up and I followed him.

He showed me the room and got me some clothes.

"I'll knock the door when the dinner gets ready. Till then take rest.", he said caressing my cheek and then left the room.

I let out a breath which I was unconsciously holding for long.

How can a loving person like him be a monster? I thought as I still couldn't believe what I heard earlier.

Flashback :

I went to Kim enterprise and made my way to taehyung's office. I was really worried for his well being.

Coming out of the elevator I walked straight to his office. I was about to knock the door when suddenly I heard something.

"I am here to invite you on my engagement. So that you may finally understand, whom does she belong to!"

The voice sounds extremely familiar. Jungkook?

"Don't act so cocky jungkook. Do you think she would like you if she knows about what kind of a player you are and how many lives you destroyed? She would hate you jungkook!"

I felt a stinging pain in my heart hearing taehyung's words. Jungkook a player?

Did I do a mistake in understanding him? Is he not what I think he is?

"And who will tell her? You? And you think she'll believe you over her fiance?"

Now I felt the sky really falling over my head with all its might. Tears filled my eyes as the only feeling I had in my heart was the feeling of getting betrayed. And that too by the one I trusted with my whole heart.

I was holding the necklace in my neck in a tight grip. Without my realization it got broke and fell down on the floor. My eyes were blinded with tears and my brain was not understanding a thing. Without wasting a second, I immediately went away as what I heard was already more than enough.

I went to my car and put on my seat belt. I want an answer. I want jungkook to give me my answers.

I was driving crazy fast towards his house. Then with a jerk the car stopped.

My eyes which were continuously tearing down couldn't see the ways ahead anymore. My head was on the steering wheel resting down as my whole body was on a pause now.

If he actually did it then why would he tell me? He can lie and manipulate. If he really is the kind of person as taehyung said then he would never confess it to me.

I need to find things on my own now.

The present:

Sitting on one edge of the bed I was thinking about all possible ways of finding his reality.

If I could get an access to his phone or laptop then it would definitely have something in it.

But both his phone and laptop are in his room. Then how can I get into his room?

A knock on the door interrupted all of my thoughts.

I went to the door and opened it.

"Let's have dinner.", jungkook said and I nodded.

Arriving at the dinning room my eyes fell on the table which was filled with all kind of cuisines. From Italian to Chinese, there was everything on the table beautifully placed.

He pulled a chair out for me and made me sit on it. Pulling the chair besides me, he sit on it, smiling at me.
I smiled in a shocked state still awed by the grand dinner he arranged for just the two of us.

"I didn't want any servants to be around us. So I asked them all to leave. So, I'm going to be serving my queen for today.", he said and started taking out food, serving it in front of me.

His words and his actions make me weak. I feel that I may have hallucinated what I heard earlier. How can he be that kind of person when he literally treats a woman like this.

We enjoyed the dinner together talking and discussing about the preparations regarding the event.

He also told that Namjoon would be coming to the engagement and I felt sad as he would be alone without a partner. He really closed all doors of life for himself since Wonyoung left him.

"Jungkook can I ask you for something?", I said and he stopped eating as now his whole concentration was on me.

"Go ahead.", he said with a serious tone.

"Why did you give me a separate room?", I asked and he narrowed his eyes in confusion.

"Then do you think we should share a room?", he asked in a humorous tone and took his fork to take a bite.

"Jungkook can we share a room?"