Chapter 64: HAPPILY EVER AFTER

Anushka's POV:
The next day came sooner. I feel like I just slept some minutes ago and someone has woken me up. But not the sun's fault to rise, it was us who kept talking and discussing random things till 4 in the night. I definitely look like a zombie now with all these dark circles around my eyes. I'll kill Virat if my wedding photos doesn't come beautiful just because of them. The case will be registered in history that a bride killed the groom because she got dark circles. Oh god! I shouldn't be thinking such stupid things, it's my big day...The Wedding day. I'm so excited. I am getting married. That too, to the love of my life. The very handsome and amazing Virat Kohli is going to be my husband.
Husband.
This sound so strange but I love the sound of it. It's strange in the most unique way. But before the wedding, the last pre wedding festivity is still left and that is HALDI. I'm equally excited for that. This is going to be the last time I and Virat will meet as boyfriend-girlfriend. Chetna Bhabhi and Vikas Bhaiya being the planner of the event has kept the venue of Haldi a secret for me. And I guess, everyone else knows about it. I tried asking them many times but none of them even gave a hint. So, I have stopped thinking about that, mostly because I trust both of them with their choices and they are sane people unlike the ICT gang. I was dressed in my lehenga and as a part of ritual, Saroj Aunty made me wear the handmade flower accessories. The flower accessories and this beautiful multicolour Lehenga looks pretty and I'm absolutely satisfied with the way I look. I was busy analysing my reflection in the mirror when i noticed Saroj Aunty looking at me with so much love. She has always been my favourite and a mother figure to me. I have spent a lot of time with her and everytime she makes me feel as if I'm her own child. I turned and sat beside her on the bed. She took my hands in her.
"Anu beta. Virat hmare ghar m sabse chota tha. Sabse jyada pyaar use mila to sabse jyada daant b usne khayi. Bhot choti Umar m bhot kuch dekha hai usne, bhot kuch seekha h. Vo sbke samne himmat dikhata tha, or fir meri god m aake rota tha.. Bas mujhe yhi dar rhta tha ki mere iss bewakoof bacche ko koi aisi kudi milegi ya nhi jo iske man ko dekh paaye, jo isse utna pyaar kre jitna ye sbse krta hai. Lekin jbse tu aayi hai, tune meri saari pareshaani hi hal kr di. Tune Virat ke sab logo ko apna bana liya, tu hmare ghar ka hissa itni asani se ban gayi. Tere or Chetna ke hote hue mujhe beti ki kami mehsoos nhi hoti. Tu meri bacchi hai. Bs ye hi khna hai ki puttar, tu mere ghar m beti banke aayegi. Tu apna ghar choregi nhi, aajse dono ghar tere honge" As saroj aunty said all this, I felt so overwhelmed. I hugged her and she kept rubbing my back. I didn't have words to reciprocate her love and i think she understood that.
"Or agar vo nalayak tujhe pareshan kare.. to mujhe batana. Milke akal thikane lagayenge" Aunty's word made me laugh with tears in eyes.
"Pakka" I replied and she sweetly kissed my forehead before making her way out of the room. After some more time, Mumma and Kiara came to take me to the Haldi venue. It must be somewhere near because none of them picked up their car keys. Both of them guided me to our terrace and even before I could've wondered why, we reached there. The terrace was beautifully decorated and turned into an amazing setup.

Everything arround was yellow and a wide smile made its way on my face

Everything arround was yellow and a wide smile made its way on my face. I never thought I will celebrate one of my wedding function on the same terrace where I have been finding peace all through my life. A hot cup of tea, my favourite novel, this terrace and I, we four were inseparables during nights. Even when Kiara used to visit us in her vacations, our family used to sleep under the stars on the terrace. I never knew when these thoughts brought tears to my eyes.
“Don't tell me you didn't like it, Anu. I worked very hard” Vikas Bhaiya said in a baby voice bringing me back to the real world.
“No Bhaiya... I love it. This is so special” my words brought a sense of relief over his face.
“I know Anu how emotionally attached you must be with this house. It's never easy to move out of the place where you've been living for all your life, even if that means shifting few kilometres away. And Aunty told us that this terrace has been your spot so the last wedding ceremony can't have a better location than this.” Chetna Bhabhi said coming closer to me. Now you guys know why I trust their choices. They are just amazing people. I hugged bhabhi while Bhaiya sulked.
“Anu, this is not done. I am an equal shareholder in this plan” We all laughed and I gave Bhaiya a hug too.
“If you guys are done, May I also meet my bride to be?” Virat's voice came from behind the guests. And then my extremely good looking man dressed in a white floral jodhpuri kurta made his entry.