Chapter 60: WILL YOU MARRY ME?

(Inline comments are the most awaited.. It's a special chapter thus to have your response will be a huge motivation. Please don't be a silent reader)

Virat's POV:
The days passed soon and it was the 3rd match of the series against New Zealand. After we won the first match, the second match's result also ended in our favour giving us an undefeated lead in the series. Being my first series as Captain and today being 5th of November i.e my birthday, this last match was already hyped and thus the Feroz Shah Kotla was housefull with not even a single seat available. Anushka, Maa, Bhaiya-Bhabhi, Aarav as well as Kiara, Ashima Aunty and Arnav were present in the family box and much to everyone's surprise it was not me but Anushka who requested all of them to join and she was very keen to have everyone there in the stadium. On asking the reason she quoted "This is a special series and I want all our near and dear ones to be here today when you'll lift that trophy". We all decided to have a little b'day celebration after the match. The match started soon and crowd got to see some really exciting cricket. It was the last over and NZ needed 18 runs to win. Jassi being the champion bowler defended the runs easily and we won the match and series by 3-0. Soon our family members joined us on the ground. As it was a home series, so Sakshi Bhabhi, Rits, Reeva Bhabhi, Prithi Bhabhi, Athiya and Rishab's family- all of them came to watch the match and all of them congratulated us on the series win. Soon, the post match presentation started. Jassi was the man of the match while Mahi bhai got the man of the series award and the crowd's loud chants were enough to show what Mahi bhai means to the cricket lovers. Lastly, I was called to collect the winning trophy. As I picked that trophy and the crowd cheered, everything looked so dreamy to me. The 8 year old kid who once dreamt all this was now standing with a trophy in his hands as the Indian Captain. The confidence my dad showed in me when he enrolled his 8 year old in a cricket academy, all those times when my brother stood for hours outside my ground just to wait for my practice to get over, all the times maa prayed for me to have a good match and gave me dhai-cheeni as good luck, all those days when Mahi Bhai consoled me as his own kid after failures, those times the fans have cheered for me, all the times Nushkie showed faith in me and motivated me when i was one step away from giving up- I feel like all of it payed off, feel like I didn't let all of them down, feel like I did justice to all their love and care. Not like I'm satisfied, Satisfaction sometimes put a full stop to learning and I'll be learning towards being better till the last second i play this sport. I'm grateful. Bringing me out of my thoughts was Ian Bishop who called me to answer some questions.
.
.
.
"Virat, The last question... First series as a captain and that too a clean sweep of the opponent. Must've been a really great feeling, take us through this"
"Yeah, It's a great feeling and honour to lead this talented and passionate bunch. When you already have a great leader like Mahi bhai in the team, you don't have to worry a lot and have to live the process. I'm grateful for the love and support the crowd had bestowed on us throughout the series. It's a journey that has started on a high note and I'd try and give my 100% in each step going further. I assure that to all the cricket lovers. Cheers" saying this I moved back to the team and handed the trophy to Rishabh. When i thought the presentation has concluded, I heard Ian saying something more.
"Virat, I know you'd have thought that the presentation is over but there's someone special who has to say something to you. Keep your heard steady, my friend."
What does he mean by this? Who wants to say something to me? And why do I need to keep my hear steady? I'm hell confused and looked at my teammates to see them giving me a smile. So, all of them knows about this... Good god, i hope it ain't any ICT madness plan. Before my mind would've gone to any other tangent thinking about the probable ideas about the whole situation, I saw Ian passing the mic to Nushkie. Nushkie took the mic with a smile and shifted her gaze towards me.

Third Person POV:
Virat stood in the middle of the cricket pitch with his mouth wide open due to the sudden surprise.
"Hi Virat, I hope you remember me, because your expression tells me otherwise" Anushka said chuckling to Virat who instantly closed his mouth but surprise still written all over his face. Anushka moved towards Virat and stopped just at an arms distance from him. She looked deep into Virat's eyes and it looked like she was finding the right and perfect words to start. Anushka held Virat's one hand with her free hand and rubbed the back of his hand with her thumb looking down at the hands. She then lifted her face with her eyes shining. Virat just stood surprised all this while.
"VIRAT KOHLI, THE GREAT CRICKETER.... that's what the world says about you but only some knows that behind that great cricketer lies a man who finds happiness in the smallest things, who loves his people like there's no tomorrow, who craves for real affection and finds his solace on a small cliff. Sometimes I just want to scream and tell the world what an amazing man you are. Fortunate are those who really truly know you and I'm grateful for being loved by someone as amazing as you. I never knew my life could be any better but then you walked into my life and made it even more beautiful than heaven. Thank you for making me believe in Love. Thank you for just existing. Thank you for teaching me that home can be a person. You're my home and we decided that we won't only fall in love but also grow and rise in love. Now, I can't even imagine growing old with anybody else other than you nor do i want to. You're the person whose hand I want to hold and walk my life with." Anushka paused for a second and looked around to see everyone smiling and giving her a positive nod while the man in front of him was touched by the special words but was also still trying to decode what exactly is happening.
"Remember Vee, you once told me that your world is so small bcoz this 22 yard cricket pitch is your world. So, Today standing in the middle of the pitch, In your home ground, on a very special day, in front of your fans, with our all loved ones around, I want to ask you..." Anushka went on her knees looking straight into Virat's eyes with goosebumps clearly visible on her hands and her hands holding Virat's hand.
"Will You Marry Me, Mr Virat Prem Kohli?" As Anushka said those words, for a second everything froze and then the crowd cheered and screamed so loud that anyone could've gone deaf. The teammates, and the family members hooted and everyone present around clapped. Anushka's hand was shaking with which she was holding the mic. The whole environment around the stadium had shaken up but there was someone who was as still as a calm lake. Virat stood unmoved, for him there was just silence around. All he could hear was Anushka's words ringing in his head. All he knew was that he is living a dream of his. He still was in daze and denial that all this happening was real.
"It's a dream, Right??" Those're the first words Virat spoke with utmost sincerity while everyone around chuckled at his reaction. Rohit being his best mate came running to him and pinched him very hard and then ran back to his place. Then Virat registered things in his mind and his eyes were flooded with emotions. He did not waste a second before himself leaning on the ground on his knee and afterall how could he see his lady on her knees in front of him. He gently kissed Anushka's back of hands and looked in her eyes.
"So, Will you Marry me, Vee?" Anushka said in a slow voice looking directly into Virat's eyes.
"Yes, Yes, Yes.... Yes, I will marry you Miss Anushka Ashima Sharma. You're the only one for whom I'll love to wait at the altar, whom I'll feel blessed to have as my soulmate, for whom I'll give anything to spend my life with. You're the one that I'll die to have beside me everyday of my life, in my highs, in my lows. Nushkie, You're the person for whom I'll stand against anyone, whom I'll support forever and will spoil with love and care for all my life. Marrying you will be my blessing and Thank you for making me the luckiest man. I love you and To you, It's a forever Yes" Virat said and took Anushka in his arms and everyone around could feel the purity of their love, the love exactly as same as in fairytales. The crowd had gone all gaga till now and people really felt what 'Love is in the air' actually mean. The ICT fam and the families happiness knew no bounds. Anushka couldn't hold more and tears of happiness finally rolled down her cheeks. Her lips were curved into a grateful smile and her eyes were full of tears. Virat wiped the tears and slowly placed a kiss on her forehead and then joined the forheads.
"Happy Birthday, Mr. Fiance" Anushka said.
"Thanks for giving me the best gift, to be Mrs Kohli" Virat replied. They helped each other stand.
"So, Will you accept this ring as my token of love?" Anushka asked pulling out a ring from her dress. It was a beautiful simple platinum band.
"I told you, It's a forever YES for you" Virat replied and Anushka slided the ring into his ring finger. Everyone clapped and Anushka-Virat hugged.
"Loving each other is our thing" Anushka said still in Virat's arms.
"It'll always be" Virat replied.
.
.
.
.
"So, it was all planned? And you all knew it?" Virat asked surprised having Anushka in her arms as all the teammates and families were gathered in the hotel banquet area.
"Ofcourse, we all knew. What a stupid question is that?" Rohit answered non- chalantly digging in the icecream tub while sprawled on the sofa.
"But, It was all Anushka's idea, all her planning. But we were obviously aware" Sakshi bhabhi answered.
"And I am telling you, Your girlfriend is crazy. She was freaking out after every 30 minutes and she almost drove all of us crazy with her stupid possibilities" Hardik announced making Anushka embarrass and rest of them chuckled.
"Oh Shut up Harry, It's not everyday I propose a man for marriage in front of lakhs of people" Anushka defended herself.
"I agree with you soon to be Mrs Kohli" Virat said smirking.
"Good that you agree, soon to be Mr Sharma" Anushka replied back and the team chuckled.
"Way to go, girl.... Make Sharma's proud" Rohit hooted. Just then Aarav came running to Anushka.
"So, Now You'll live with us. Right, Chachi?" Virat picked up him in his arms.
"You seems to be more happy about this than me. Right, Junior?" Virat asked.
"Ofcourse I'm very happy Chachu. I'll have one more member in my team" He said excitedly clapping his hands.
"Don't worry, Aarav. I'm even more happy than you. Soon, this chudail will leave us after whole 25 years... God, Such a relief" Arnav said wiping imaginary sweat from his forehead.
"You're so gone, Arnav... How can you call me Chudail?"
"Truth is bitter, I know, sister" Arnav replied making everybody laugh.
"Okay, So we should conclude that we all are extremely happy" Rits announced and everyone nodded happily.
"Yes, We're" Anushka replied looking at Virat still in his arms.
"Okay, then Celebration time it is...." Harry shouted.
"Celebration of the proposal, Celebration of Virat's birthday, Celebration of the first win as captain.... We've a lot to celebrate... Let's partyyyyy" This was Jaddu almost jumping 3 feets above ground in excitement.