Chapter 9: MISUNDERSTOOD RELATIONS

Virat's POV:
A man entered the dressing room screaming "Anushkaaa" and was now standing right in front of us. As soon as Anushka saw him, she in her teary voice said "Arnav" and ran upto her. He took her into his arms and his face was covered with worry now. All of us just stood at our places wondering about the guy.

Third person POV:
"Anushka, what happened? Don't cry. Just tell me what happened?" Arnav asked the obvious question. The team was still confused but that's the last thing Arnav cared about right now.
"Anushka, my girl, you know I can't see you like this. Stop crying, take a deep breath.." Anushka didn't left Arnav's embrace and he kept consoling her. Everyone in the team guessed Arnav to be Anushka's boyfriend at him mentioning her as 'my girl' and they were nowhere at fault.
After good 5 minutes, Anushka stood straight wiping off her tears.
"Anushka, are u okay? Tell me what's the reason you are so broken... I promise, I will make the culprit pay a heavy price of every tear you shed.. " Arnav said cupping Anuhska's face.
To all these questions and curiosities of Arnav, Anushka just answered in a very low voice "Arnav, can we not talk about it right now? Please"
"It's okay, you just stay fine. We will talk only when u will be comfortable"
"Will you please drive my car to home? "
"yeah sure...just wipe these tears, they doesn't suit you"

Arnav took the keys and by now he knew that the reason is not small as Anushka is very possessive of her car and she can't bear anyone other than her on the driving seat. And today, she herself asked him to drive. He just tightened his arms over her shoulder and started moving towards the car. The team thought of seeing them off to their car. Arnav made Anushka sit on the passenger seat and came to the team.
"Sorry everyone, I was hoping for a better meeting with you all. And I m aware that you all know about the incident but it's Anushka's call when to tell me. So, it's okay." Arnav said. Arnav looked at the broken Anushka and a tear made its way out of his eyes which didn't go unnoticed by the the team. He excused himself and ran to the stall, bought an ice-cream tub and went towards Anushka. He handed her the ice cream tub through the window with a smile and said "You always say, there's nothing an ice-cream can't fix, so here you go, my doll"
His behaviour impressed everyone.
Mahi bhai even said "Thankfully He is there with her. Such a caring person. Anushka has got someone as good as her. God bless"
While, Virat couldn't be happy for them like others. There was slight disappointment in his heart but he didn't know why. Afterall, Arnav was undoubtedly a good person. But there was something that was hurting.
Just then Mahi bhai said, "Look guys, we can't even imagine what Anushka must be feeling and I am doubtful whether she will continue or not. Someone from our team molested her, there can be nothing worse than this. We as group failed her. She deserved 1000 times better of what she got. For now, come early for the practice as maybe we won't have our schedules tomorrow." and just then i realised that today might be the last time we met her. After all she went through, she will be nowhere at fault if she decides to quit.

Anushka's POV:
I reached home and i was still numb. I was shocked to death by the horrible incident happened, this was the worst I have ever been through. I still am not over those visuals of that creep touching me despite my denials. Thankfully Arnav came there, I know he wants to know about the happenings but right now, I just need my room where I can bring out my vulnerable side. I went to my room and cried and cried. Tears were not stopping, how can he do this? I didn't realised when I drifted to sleep.
The sun rays falling over my face made me wake up. To my surprise, Arnav was already in the room with breakfast in his hands. He sat near me. I knew he saw that dried tear marks on my face but he still started a conversation like nothing happened.

Arnav POV:
I didn't wanted to pressurise Anushka about telling me what happened. Right now, all I wanted is her to be back to her normal self. So, I started the conversation.
"So madam, finally u got up. Naukar bana rkha hai mujhe to.." and when I was expecting a comeback answer, she just gave me a smile. This is not my sister,I can't see her like this.
"Don't try to act cute by giving this smile. Let's have breakfast, even I haven't eaten" I added. I tried continuing the conversation casually when she suddenly got emotional and hugged me.
"Arnav, how dare he,...Why the hell I had to go through that..? That was traumatic, thoughts of last night is still scaring me" she finally opened.
"Anushka, tell me what is it..and you don't need to be scared, you are strong" I consoled her
"Arnav, that pervert molested me. He touched me..." and saying this Anushka again broke down into tears. Hearing this my blood boiled.
"Who the hell did this? Anushka, tell me. And you don't need to cry bcoz of someone so disgusting" I tried to calm her down.
"The trainer of the team, Neil. He was arrested last evening but why me....I mean, I feel the worst thinking about that" Anushka told me. I wanted to kill that jerk who made my sister go through all this but right now, my priority is to bring Anushka back to normal.
"Anushka, Calm down sister.. why are u feeling worst? U were nowhere at fault and that jerk will get his punishment. I know that forgetting this incident is not possible, you are a brave soul, try to move on, girl. People who does this are the weakest and u will still shine like a star. Take some time, 30 minutes or an hour or maybe a day, vent out whatever is in you, cry if you want, scream if u want and then comeback stronger. I know, how helpless that feeling must be but you have always been a fighter. You are my inspiration, u have to leave all this behind and become the Anushka I know.." my words did help her and she gave me a smile, this time a real one as if conveying me that she will move on. Afterall she was my brave sister. I kissed her forehead and gave her some much needed alone time.

Anushka's POV:
Arnav words helped me a lot to pull myself out of the trauma..Now, I was wondering what to do next. Whether should I continue this job or not?
I mean, how can I again go to that place where I experienced something so awful?
But, how can I drop this project inbetween when dada and the BCCI has put so much faith in me?
But, I can't work in an unsafe environment?
But, the team is not like that, they are more than family, it was just that trainer who was not even a permanent part of the team...
I was totally confused but then I thought when it's not my fault, why should I sacrifice my job. I am not so weak that I can't deal with my fears. Mumma has never taught me to step back and the team has done nothing wrong so why should I quit? Thus, I decided to continue, to make myself proud, to prove myself that I can cross hurdles and comeback stronger.

******************************************************
Hiii guys. Here goes an early morning update. No, I didn't wake up early, I am going to sleep now😴🥱...
Vote if you love the chapter. Comment your feedbacks. They are the biggest motivation ❣️❣️
Good day🤩
Keep reading, Stay happy 😁