Chapter 31: VICTORY CELEBRATION

Virat's POV:
We all players were in the ground for the post match presentation. Harsha Bhogle asked me to come over for the man of the match and series award. This is the feeling I love, grabbing my awards. I held the mic and he asked me some questions. The last question he asked was

Virat, Last match you got severely injured and it must not have been an easy journey to overcome that, and you did it fabulously in 6 days. How upset you were after that day, how you tackled this injury and what does it took to bring this marvelous inning?”

“The injury in the last match was quite scary to be honest, I didn't know when I would be able to be back on the field. I was very upset and low but there are some very lovely human beings around me who helped me overcome that. This innings is quite special to me, it came when the team needed and there were lots of things in my mind before the game but thankfully I could pull it off. There are lots of people who helped me through these last 5 days including my crazy teammates, Mahi bhai and my family but a special mention to my friend who stood like a pillar with me. She deserves as much credit as me for this innings. It would have been almost impossible for me to get back to the field so quickly again without her” I said and I could hear the crowd cheering. Harsha again asked
Is she here Virat? We would love to thank her.” I looked at Anushka who was standing in the dressing room getting all red blushing.
“Ya she is here only and she is none other than our new manager, Anushka. She is a great friend to have and our whole team agree to it.” I said pointing at the dressing room and the whole team shouted a big Yesssss.
“That's great Virat. We would like to thank you Anushka for standing with our champion. All the best Virat for IPL and upcoming WorldCup, hope you do well.”
“Thanks a lot, Cheers” I said and moved away, then Mahi bhai came and collected the trophy.
We then again went to the dressing room and then left for hotel, in the bus I sat with Anushka and she was sleeping due to the hectic schedule. I was just looking at her angelic face and was feeling a different happiness and vibes in my heart. This girl will surely drive me crazy. Finally, we reached hotel.
“Great win guys, it's 8 pm, go and take 2 hours of rest and then we will celebrate this special victory.” Mahi bhai said.
“Bhai, is it a party night?” Harry said bursting with happiness.
“Yeah, see you guys at 10 in the hotel banquet area” Mahi bhai said and we all left.
I was tired so I drifted to sleep really quick and then woke up at 9:30. Then, I got ready in a casual tee and jeans but just then Ro entered my room. The biggest surprise is how this hippo managed to wake up and get ready on time. He jumped on my bed.
“Are u crazy? You'll break my bed, I won't pay a penny if this happens. You'll compensate”
“Kitna kanjoos hai yrr tu. Inne paise Das tu kitthe leke janeya?(lehenga song lyrics)?”
“Punjabi language suicide kr legi.tu rehne de.” I answered him.
“Shut up. I am here for a serious talk” he said and I couldn't hold my laughter.
“What's so funny?” he asked
“You and serious in a same sentence is the biggest joke”
“Shut up. I am very serious” he said and I was still hardly controlling my laugh.
“Okay, go on.. tell what your serious talk is about” I asked him.
“Vee, why don't you get in a relationship. Get one girlfriend.” he said very seriously.
“Is this crap your serious talk?”
“Nah, I mean to say, you should think about this part of your life too.”
“I'll think but first let's party” I tried diverting the topic.
“Virat, tell me one thing isn't there someone for whom your heart is feeling something, for whom your feelings are still unknown and very new to you, who cares for you a lot and you can't stop admiring the person” as he was saying, only one person came to my mind ANUSHKA... Why? I think I have gone mad.
“Ya, a person comes in my mind... And he is Mahi bhai” I said and his face felt as if he was expecting something else.
“Come on Virat, don't trick me. I know, your heart knows who I'm talking about. Think about this” he said and left the room. What does he mean by think about it? But why did Anushka's name came to my mind when he said all that. I kept this discussion for later and moved to the venue.