Chapter 51: THE MISHAP

Third person POV:
Anushka called Virat and his phone rang. Every passing second was snatching Kiara away from Anushka. But there was no answer to the call. She again dialled his number and again no response. She called him many times, every time the bell rang she had the hope that he'll pick up but there was no answer everytime. At that moment, Anushka felt betrayed, She was deeply hurt. Didn't he promise to be just a call away? Didn't he say that he'll be there whenever she need? But now when she needed, she didn't have him around. When she wants him the most, he is nowhere around. All she could see around her was the new faces who were not willing to help her. Anushka called the Ambulance and then tried Virat's phone another time. With every ring and every tear, her heart was getting broken into pieces. Virat was unknowingly breaking his Nushkie's trust. If she had been in Mumbai, she could've called any of his closed ones, but in this completely new city all she had was Virat who was not there to console her. During the whole way to Hospital, Anushka kept crying. Kiara was taken to ICU, Anushka tried to contact Virat for one more time and this time came a feminine voice from the other side.
"Hello"
"Where is Virat? Please give the phone to him." Anushka tried to not break down on the call.
"Hey, I'm Alia. Actually, Virat is a bit busy." Anushka who was just upset till now was riled up hearing this.
"It's urgent." Anushka said maintaining her normal voice and wiping her tears.
"Okay then I'll tell him to call you after he's done with his work" Alia's words must not have affected Anushka if the situation would've been better but now, her words did a lot of damage but Anushka chose to let it go and first to have a conversation with Virat.
"Will you please give the phone to Virat?" Anushka asked strictly. Saying a quick Okay, Anushka could hear her walking.
As she listened Virat's voice, she knew the phone has reached its destination.
"Hello Vee" Anushka said on the verge of crying.
"Nushkie, I'm very busy. I'll call you later. Bye" And saying this he disconnected the call. He didn't even heard why Anushka called nor even understood anything from her broken voice. Anushka was broken, the man she can bet her life on, didn't even listen. She wanted to share her pain, she wanted to call him, she wanted to tell him about the mishap, she wanted to cry but he didn't even listen and cut the call right away. He knows that she won't disturb him if it's not important but still he did this. The tears she was holding all this while were now running nonstop through her eyes, the fear of losing Kiara, the pain of seeing her little doll covered in blood, and then this broken trust.. everything compelled her to break down. In that hospital corridor, crying down on her knees and having noone around to hug her, she was hurt. Badly hurt. She got a deep wound and as they say, only those can hurt you that matters to you, she was hurt by Vee, her Vee. Once she cried it out and decided to compose herself and be strong for Kiara, she decided to take the whole charge, she called the senior and the best doctors and requested them to assist Kiara. She completed all the formalities and everything.

Virat's POV:
I had a 2 hour shoot but I'm having a very bad day at work today. I and Alia shot the whole commercial and when i thought it was all over, the director informed that we'll have to reshoot everything because of technical faults. This really upset me. I was frustrated because i wanted to be with Anushka and Kiara and they must be waiting for me. I tried to reach for my phone but due to continuous shots, i couldn't. I was already late and my mood was spoiled but all I wanted was to complete the shoot and get back to Kiara and Anushka. Between all this, some coworkers had a fight on the set which resulted in the delay of the shoot again. Can this day get any worse? After resolving everything, Finally i was shooting the last shot and just then Alia came to me with my phone, I saw the caller I'd and i could see the director getting irritated due to this delay. I didn't want to delay the things even more for a second and wanted to run away from this shoot, thus I replied in a haste and disconnected the call. I know Anushka will understand because she gets me like noone. Wrapping up my shoot as fast as I could and changing my clothes, I was finally relaxed. I called Anushka but she didn't pick up. I drove back to home but there was noone in the house. I saw Anushka's missed calls and tried Kiara and Anushka's phone many times but none of them responded. I was now getting worried. After trying many more time, finally I used all my sources to track Anushka and Kiara. Finally, a news came that they have been tracked. And the next news took my breath away. Kiara had an accident and she's in hospital. How can my little KIA go through this? I didn't think for a second before driving my car to the hospital.