Chapter 5: LUNCH

At the hotel:

Anushka POV:
We reached the hotel and were told to wait for sometime in the lobby due to some issue. Some of the players were sitting on the couch while others were standing, I also chose to stand by the time the problem fixes. I was messaging mumma when I heard a man screaming my name from the hotel entrance and coming towards me with his arms wide open as if he will hug me. I knew that I've seen that face but wasn't sure when or where. By the time, I was thinking all this, he has almost came to grab me in his embrace, so I just backed out immediately. I could feel the players's gaze on me. The man in his exciting tone spoke “Anushkaa, pehchana nahi...Are, I am Ritvik Khanna, remember I worked in the same company, you managed when you were in US. Long time girl...I never knew you were in India. We really lost connections” Oh now I remember this man but still not properly. He was an employee in the same company that I managed. But we never really had any interaction as such. So, I just nonchalantly answered “vse,we were never in touch. Btw good to see you.”
He couldn't say anything more, said bye and was again going to make an attempt for a hug but I just forwarded my hand for a shake and he went away. I took a relieved breath.

Rohit's POV:
We all saw what happened and I honestly felt very happy to see a girl not doing what she doesn't want to. I mean, that's how everyone should be, only do what makes you comfortable and her small gesture gave a strong idea of what that girl was. I was highly in awe of her and I knew that Virat noticed it too and had the same thoughts. I don't know why Virat gave a cold shoulder to our new manager, bcz she was a sweet, confident, talented and hard working girl and has won almost everyone by her small and random gestures. She was radiating positivity but clearly, I have a dumb friend who is still not over what happened bcz of Dubey. I made a mental note to talk to Virat abt it after the lunch.

Third Person POV:
The team sat to have lunch. Anushka and Virat sat on opposite seats. Mahi has already given a green signal to Anushka in his mind but he wanted his Cheeku to also forget whatever happened in the past and get normal with Anushka.
“Anushka, tell us more about yourself. Like where have u worked so far, from Where did u do your schooling and all of that?" Mahi asked breaking the ice.
“Sir, Actually I was born in Ayodhya but spent first five years of my life in England then we shifted back to Banglore and I did my schooling from Bangalore itself. Then I got a scholarship in a College in Japan so I graduated there and did my masters in US.”
“Woah” exclaimed Rohit..“I can't study that much even in 7 lives” he continued to which Virat replied “That's why you are a hippo” and everyone burst out laughing.
“And how long have u been working?” asked the curious Ashwin.
“It's been 7 years since I have been working” and hearing this, everyone on the table was shocked as hell, seeing this anushka herself started clarifying
“Actually when I was graduating in Japan, I started handling projects at companies. I was good at it so in the last 2 years of my graduation, I managed 2-3 big companies and MNCs. When I moved to US, my experience along with the degree managed to give me some nice projects there too, so during my 2 years of masters in US, I managed a lots of projects for renowned companies. Then, I decided to come back to India and I started my business and with God's grace, it was successful in just 1 year but business was never my forte so I again switched to managing and handling companies and projects. And that's what I am doing for last 2 years”.
“Are u serious? Aren't you over successful?” hardik asked with utter serious tone to which Anushka laughed
“And what about your business now?” this question has to come from the gujju boy, Mr Jadeja.
“My mom is running it brilliantly” said the proud Anushka. Everyone were amazed that this lady who is just 24 has done so much in her life and is still behaving as it is no big deal.
Virat also was shocked and had developed respect for the lady in front. They all had a great lunch.
As Anushka stood up to leave, Hardik said “Where?”
“means? The lunch is over right? So, that's why I was going to leave..” Anushka explained.
“No, the thing is after lunch we all gather at a room and spend some time and then get going. That's why this stupid is behaving this way." Ashwin told clearing all the confusion.
“Yeah, I mean I have already booked a room so you can't ditch us.” Hardik said with his puppy eyes.
“Anushka, if you're uncomfortable u can tell us. It's not a big thing. Nothing to worry about” Mahi as usual talked sense.
“No no.. it's nothing like that. I am fine accompanying you all." Anushka said.
Then they all moved, while Mahi called virat to have some talk on the way to the room.

******************************************************
Second update of the day guys..🥳
Actually, this one is short thus I didn't want to disappoint you by updating this short chapter tomorrow.🙂
I will update every morning as I have done till now for sometime atleast. I hope you love the chapter.Vote and comment🤩. Lots of amazing content coming your way. Stay tuned❣️
Keep reading, Stay happy 😁