Chapter 2: THE PROPOSAL

Next day:

Anushka's POV:
I was in my cabin when I got a call from my P.A that someone wants to meet me. I asked to send the person in and I saw a middle aged formally dressed man coming into my cabin. He introduced himself as the secretary of some Saurav Ganguly..I don't who he is. He further told me that he has an offer for me to join the Indian Cricket team as the manager and he looked at me with hopeful eyes as if he has offered me something big but I had no clue. So, I just denied him. He advised me to think abt the proposal once more as they need me. I don't know why he said it. So, I just nodded. He also requested me to have an online meeting with Saurav Ganguly in the afternoon and said that he will be the best person to explain me about the proposal.
As soon as the person left, I called Tina (my PA) to my cabin and told her about the proposal. She saw me with wide eyes and I asked her what happened? She was beaming with happiness and then started nonstop saying it's great, u will meet the cricket stars, u should accept it, it's a big thing, they really need you and then I just put a full stop to her excitement and asked her to explain. So, she told me that Saurav Ganguly is president of a cricket board and they want to hire a manager for the National men's indian team.
You must be wondering how stupid I am. But, the thing is I know about cricket as much as Fish knows about living in the air.. means absolutely nothing. I know only one thing about cricket that it is played with a bat and a ball. So, I haven't even heard about BCCI, Saurav Ganguly, National cricket team. I didn't even know that cricket is played at national level. I thought it's a gully game same as Gilli Danda, Marbles and Hide and seek with no future.But clearly I was wrong.

Afternoon 1:00 p.m

Anushka's POV:
I just logged into the meeting with Saurav Ganguly. And after Tina left my cabin, I did a small research about BCCI, so ya, now I know how this authority works. Finally, Mr. Ganguly joins me in the meeting and I greeted him. He asked me many things about my professional experience and lifestyle and he seems to be a great person.

Saurav Ganguly POV:
I interacted with Anushka whom we proposed to be our new manager and she is extremely talented and confident girl. And undoubtedly the unbeaten queen of her departement. Now, I aksed her about what she thinks of the proposal so she said "Sir, the thing is I know nothing about cricket, i even had to do a research about BCCI before interacting you. And after being so clueless about cricket, being with people who lives for cricket feels so unacceptable. Moreover, I am expertised in managing companies, projects but I have never managed people. So, I really don't think I can pull it off". There was something about this girl which was unique and obviously I had to find the best manager for my boys and she was perfect according to me. I tried to convince her and told her the whole instance that how the team landed up in a mess and now, they deserves someone who is actually capable of the post. I said "Look girl, I have talked about you to many ppl and I know how well you manage ppl along with such big projects and coming to you being clueless about cricket, it's okay. Even it's better, atleast you will treat them like your usual clients and not some celebs. I sincerely request you to give it a try and I assure you that u and the boys will have a long partnership and you'll not regret this decision of yours ever."

Anushka's POV:
The way Saurav sir explained, he somehow convinced me and as the project I was currently handling will be over tomorrow so I can look upto new opportunities. This one is exciting and the thing that the team needs me is the main reason I said yes to sir. He was happy and I was also looking forward to what the future has in store for me.

8:30 p.m

I reached home and told mom and Arnav about this new proposal. They also knew cricket as much as I do. But, as usual they supported me and wished me luck. I reached my room and I got a message from Saurav sir that I have to meet the team day after tomorrow at Wankhede as the team will be reaching mumbai tomorrow.
Now, tomorrow I'll wind up all my work at my office and will start a new phase of my career day after tomorrow.

Third person POV:
Anushka was quite a famous personality in the business world and since the time, team confronted Dubey, the fans were waiting for the new manager and were demanding a deserving person for their players. Now, there were news articles all around

"Is it ANUSHKA SHARMA? Can we see the very talented Anushka managing team India?"

"Looks like BCCI has truly found 'best in the business' to manage the team.."

"As per sources, Anushka has denied the offer by BCCI"

Anushka, who was quite active on Twitter and other social media handles saw them and was shocked bcz she has only been in news when she got awards and she has switched to many projects in the past but there were hardly any news and she liked it that way. So, these things told her that Team India is quite famous and there are people who love them.With these thoughts, she called it a day and went into her dreamland.

*******************************************

So, here is the next chapter guys. This was all about Anushka as I wanted to show what a strong and successful character she is. What do you think about our female protagonist 'Anushka'?
How will the boys react to this news?
Do comment about your views and suggestions. They are most welcome.
Vote if you liked the update.
See you soon😊
Keep reading, Stay happy ❤️