Chapter 3: VIRAT'S DECISION

Next day:

8:30 p.m

Virat's POV:
We landed in Mumbai 3 hours ago and now I m here lying on my bed at home as I m tired. To be back at home is the greatest feeling. Just then, I got a call from Ro(hit) and that jerk literally screamed over the call. Who does that? Ro, obviously...
"Have you gone crazy?" I questioned him..
"Stop this bullshit, I have a latest news for you." he said..
I was sure he must be telling about how he found a new food joint in mumbai or something unimportant so I just listened to him with zero interest. But what he said was clearly much important.
"You know, our new manager has been appointed and we will get to meet the manager tomorrow itself. And and and...The biggest news is" Rohit told me creating some suspense.
"kya nautanki krra hai? Jldi bolna" (why are u being so dramatic, say it fast)? I said to that hippo who was very excited over call.
"So, the news is that our manager is a female"Ro finally told me and i was amazed. Then I somehow managed to shoo away the crazy person over call so I can take the much needed sleep before the exciting day.

Next day:

Anushka's POV:
I woke up as soon as my alarm rang. I feel that this day will be a crazy ride but as of now I am busy with my morning routines. In no time I was in my gym, yes I love gym and this I why have a well equipped gym at my house itself. After completing my workout, with my glowing face I entered my room and for me it's the toughest part of my day- Choosing a dress that's comfortable as well as looks good as it's my first day with the team. I went through my wardrobe and for the first time realised that I don't have lots of long and comfortable dresses. I made a mental note to buy some but for now, I took a jumpsuit, got ready and went down for breakfast.

 I made a mental note to buy some but for now, I took a jumpsuit, got ready and went down for breakfast

(Anushka's look)

I saw mumma and Arnav already on the dining table so I just ran and hugged mom from behind. Arnav and me had our daily dose of bickerings and then I finally had my healthy breakfast and we all were ready to leave. Arnav hugged me and whispered a good luck in my ear. And then again hit me and ran away. Mumma and me had to go through the same path so I just requested her to accompany me to ground and then leave and she couldn't say no to my puppy eyes. We both took our cars. I love Audi and mumma owns a BMW. I was just following her car. She stopped infront of Wankhede and walked out of her car till the time I parked my car. I went up to her and she could easily see my nervousness so she started by saying "You have always been exceptional with your work and I know that this new challenge will only give you much more success. I am so proud of you for choosing a project out of your comfort zone. This is the proof that my princess is progressing. Anushka, just prove it to the world what you are capable of. Go and give it your best."
And that's all I needed before I jump into this new beginning. I hugged her and bid her bye and finally started to move towards the entrance. And here starts a new chapter of my life.

Mahi Bhai's POV:
I was informed about the the new manager and Dada even told me that she is truly the best. I know for a fact that my teammates must be having a lot of questions going through their mind so I called them to dressing room of Wankhede one hour before the scheduled meeting. And now all of them were here.
"So guys, are u excited about the new manager joining us?" I said, to which there were lots of yes but Cheeku was standing silently there. I knew he had something to say so I asked him.
"Mahi bhai, u know na, what the previous manager did. Even when we were so friendly to him. Now, I really can't trust anyone in a blink of eye. I know, you all will act all friendly and welcoming to her but I really want to not gel up with her so soon. We even don't know her, what if she is just the same. I won't be able to handle another such incident. So, let's not be all friendly and welcoming and super good to her on the first day itself. Let's get to know her first. I don't want my family to be in trouble once again." He said all in one go and I know where this all was coming from. He has always been very protective of the whole team, specially about me. And I could feel that it's not going to be easy for the girl to settle in the group as all of them instantly agreed to what Virat said. I tried to convince them by saying that not everyone is same and we can't do this but earned a hard glare from everyone. So, all of them decided to behave professionally with the new manager and I couldn't do anything. So lastly I asked again "Any more questions?" to which Rohit very seriously asked "Bhai, ab ham gali kse denge? (Bhai, how will we abuse now?)" and again everyone was in fits of laughter. And lastly I told the whole group something they weren't expecting.
"Guys, one thing more. You all will be very glad to know that our miss manager knows nothing about cricket, absolutely nothing. She doesn't know anyone of us, thus we all will have to introduce ourselves to her. We are as stranger to her, as she is to us" and as I said this, I could see everyone in the group surprised. Obviously they were thinking how could anyone not know them. Honestly, I was excited about how things will go between the group and the manager.

Virat's POV:
Thankfully everyone in the group agreed to me except mahi bhai as he is still not convinced but we really don't care about his opinion this time. We all were standing in the ground as it was 9:55 and our new manager was supposed to meet us at 10. Just then, we saw a BMW followed by an Audi coming just outside the ground. And a lady came out of the BMW,and she was around 45-50 years old. I think she was our manager but just then a girl who I supposed to be around 23-24 years old came out of Audi. Idk what's going on and so does our whole group. Both of them were talking and then hugged each other and then the older lady left and the the other one headed straight towards the ground...Her face was still not visible as she had hung her head down. Okkk....So, she was our manager.

******************************************************

Here goes another update. I hope you like it. Excited for their first meeting? I'll try to match up your expectations guys.

During the whole story my main concern will be to potray Anushka as a strong and successful lady who will be as determined as Virat towards her work. I'll show Virat as an ideal and supportive partner and no Ekta kapoor serial type stuff😅
I will try to show smooth transition of their relation from strangers to friendship to lovers to married couple.
And same with the other relation in the books too...like
Ro-Anushka
Arnav-Virat
Kiara-Virat
Anushka-Chetna
So, let's go with the flow😀

Keep reading, Stay happy✨