𝟒𝟐.𝟓 | 𝐒𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞

{Five Years Ago ~ In Fuuga}

*

The sound of spring finally sets within Fuuga, while the women in the village did their usual daily chores. The sweet smell of freshly baked goods, and laughter of the children echo through the village. It made me feel content with life, but.......things soon started to bother me. 

The gnawing feeling of emptiness, with no purpose left me useless.

"Is everything alright, Yu-Mi?" Chang-Min questioned, realising I was in my own little world. Shaking my head trying to get myself back to reality, she sighs softly. "My dear, your head is in the clouds today, is there anything we need to talk about?"

Her kindness led me to feel like I was a problem, or had issues that was left scathed.

"No need, just overslept," I lie, when she scoffs.

"Sweetie I know you struggle with insomnia," She places the wet washing in the basket, before shifting it over to me. "Come on, let's hang these up while it's still sunny."

Pushing myself from the water's edge, I flick my wet fingertips from the wet clothing.

"Right,"

Taking the basket for her, my strength alone was different from the women of the village. Not knowing my full heritage or family, I wonder what I was meant for this world. My goal or purpose, if I'm a little different. Hak has something to fight for, and he's even grandpa Mundok's favourite. Well I suppose he is, which is my own intuition if so.

"You're in your head yet again, Yumi," Chang-Min sang softly, lightly hitting my head with her knuckle. "How about after this, you can take a break.....hmm?"

Blinking a few times I shook my head, seeing a puzzled look.

A gentle flick to the forehead, earns my attention to meet her soft and concerned expression.

"I'm okay, really," assuring her, I brought the basket to the washline. Placing it down I took a shirt out, before flicking the material out straight. While doing so I soon hung it over the line, and began repeating the same method. Humming a soft tune, my mind soon starts to wander yet again. Blankly staring into space while doing the washing subconsciously, a faint voice calls out catching my attention.

"Yu-Mi!" 

Turning around I see Hak running towards me, making me hang the last bit of washing.

"What is it Hak, I'm busy doing chores?" placing my hands on my hips, I saw flicker of excitement behind his eyes. 

"Come, Grandpa Mundok wishes to see you and me," he ushers me, before taking my wrist. Pulling me behind him without any further discussions, I glance back to Chang-Min mouthing an apology soon following behind. Trudging through the village, to our home we enter the front before slowly making our way down the hallway.

"What could he possibly want from us?" I questioned, as it was rare for us to be summoned unless we had a mission set aside for ourselves.

He softly smiled, "Don't know, but it's good news....I can assure you,"

Chewing the inside of my cheek while he continues to pull me down the hallway, we soon arrive at the main room. We open the doors wide, before my eyes slowly widen in response. Mundok sat cross-legged, with a little boy in his arms. Hak and I both blinked at the same time, processing the sight before us.

"Um......" clearing my throat, my eyes dart from the little boy to grandpa. "......is there something, we haven't discussed for a while?"

He lifts his warm gaze locking with us two, "My children, come,"