𝟕 | 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲

///

Night soon fell upon us and dinner was coming up soon, slowly making my way to Yona's room. With so little water, and with no medicine I knew we were in a tight spot. Hopefully the merchants can bring our only main source of water and medicine, which was our main concern right now.

Finally reaching Yona's room I open the door slowly only to see Tae-Yeon talking rather faster and his voice starting break running out of breathe. His body slowly collapsed to the ground, gradually my eyes widen remembering him having these moments realising Yona isn't familiar with these moments of his.

"Tae-Yeon!" Yona exclaims, rushing to my little brothers side I lift him up carefully hearing Hak, Tae-Woo and Mundok enter as well.

"Is he okay?!" Yona exclaims in fright, startled with his sudden collapse.

"What happened?" Hak questions, in alarm.

"He's having an attack," I reply, holding him close to me while he's having his moment. There wasn't much we could do, but he needed his medicine. His breath was uneven, struggling for air.

"His lungs have always been weak, and sometimes he has these moments of respiratory paralysis," Mundok explains to Yona, seen she hasn't seen someone with this type of condition. "He'll be fine...once he takes his medicine."

Hak clears his throat, "Grandpa, the merchants who were supposed to bring it today, haven't arrived yet," Hak informs him, while hearing my little brothers lungs struggling to breathe.

"I'll go and find them," Tae-Woo volunteers, about to head out when one of our soldiers rushing in.

"We've got a problem!" he announces, causing me to snap my neck in his direction in alarm from the way he was announcing. "The merchants who were delivering the water were attacked on the road!"

"This is bad!"

"They've all been horribly injured," He adds.

I clench my jaw tightly, "Dammit that was only our last source of water," I growl lowly.

"And Tae-Yeon's medicine," Yona adds, worriedly. "We have to get it! Now!"

A few of our villagers walks in with frustration written across their faces, "This has gotta be the work of the fire clan!" The woman assumes.

"We can't stand for it!"

"Say something, General Hak!"

Hak was dead quiet just noticing now but I held Tae-Yeon close to me, his panting quieting now. "We have to act now! Elder Mundok!" another says.

But the most frustrating position we are in if we engage in conflict with the fire clan, this will place our people in grave danger. Suddenly I see Han-Dae appear beside Yona placing a hand on her head, with the most biggest smile on his face, yet he was bandaged up.

"Han-Dae....you need to rest," Tae-Woo tells him, realising how worn out his friend is.

"You dummies, ya need to calm yourselves and leave the fire clan alone!" He comments, making me look at him dumbfounded.

"E-Eh?"

Tae-Woo furrows his eyebrows, "Um....you're the one who started this whole thing in the first place," he shifts the blame to him, when Han-Dae stands up.

"Yeah, yeah, what matters most right now is getting Tae-Yeon's medicine," Han-Dae clarifies. "It would be fastest if I rode out to the doctor in the east woods and got it from her. I know Yumi is the fastest in the whole village, but she's injured and needs to take care of Tae-Yeon."