𝟔𝟎 | 𝐀 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐁𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧

*

NEAR THE KAI EMPIRE BORDER

The King stood before the enemy between a large rectangular table, giving the distance between the two. Dangerous and precarious this was, Soo-Won wasn't done with Li Hazara and his wrong doings with colluding with the fire general. However, they saw bandages wrapped around his right eye and temple. 

What happened? Who injured the great Master Li Hazara?

With general Ju-Do and General Geun-Tae on either side of the king, his safety was set in stone with a carefree expression.

"This is our first time meeting person, master Li Hazara," Soo-Won greets him, tediously. Eyes flicker from a dullness, to an dewy-eyed expression. "Thank you for taking care of the fire tribe."

'This is Kouka's King, Soo-Won? I heard he was a young King, but he appears even more pale-skinned than I thought......This man.....was the Commander  who suppressed that battle?' Li Hazara thought to himself, while studying the young teenage with a dark scowl.

"Now then, shall we forego the formal greetings?" The King suggests, blatantly with a smile. Gesturing the seat before Li Hazara, the two sat down on the opposite ends of the table. "Yesterday, the Sen Province invaded Kouka....and waged a battle with the intention to take down Kuuto...."

The King eyes the enemy down, while Li Hazara was wondering of the consequences that'll follow after. Unpredictable this child was...

"......The other war criminal, the leader of the fire tribe, Kan Soo-Jin, was killed in action....." Soo-Won continues, but notices a surprised expression settles on the enemy's face. "...and punishment for the fire tribe is already being dealt. Master Li Hazara of the Sen Province....what will you pay as reparation?"

Li Hazara's skin crawls at the thought, but his thick brow narrows while glaring through hooded eyes towards the King suspiciously. 

"Are you saying you want me dead, like Kan Soo-Jin?" He implies, eyes studying the young King.

Soo-Won was silent in response, while giving off the impression he would prefer it that way. Mistakenly Li Hazara's four soldiers that stood guard behind grew offended, shocked by assuming the accusation. Sheathing their blades sharply, they all yell with purpose defensively for their Lord.

"You want Lord Hazara to offer his head?!"

The Two main Generals sharply grab the hilts of their swords, eyes trained focused on the four threatening soldiers that dared to impose further. The tension builds intensively, but Soo-Won had a different proposition.

"We will present three conditions,"

The four soldiers halt in their attempt of attack, awaiting for the King to continue with the suggestion. Though they acted impulsively to defend their master, their actions would position Li Hazara with countless consequence's than one.

"First....pay for the cost of damages you incurred on our country," Soo-Won begins, calmly compromising the issue. "Second.....form a non-aggression pact with Kouka...and third...give one of sen Province's villages close to the border.....to Kouka."

Hazara blinks a few times, especially with the last condition. It was unlike for a King to ask such a thing, when he could ask for more, right? Who in his right mind, asks for a village than more land to strengthen his country?

"Huh?.......A village?"

Soo-Won smiles, "Yes...."

Arching an eyebrow cautiously, "Just one?"

"Yes....."

Hazara glares heavily 'just one village? I thought he would take large amounts of the Sen Province's land by force....'