𝟑𝟕 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧 '𝐧' 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐫𝐲 𝐁𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡

********************

"Hi there!" my eyes snap in the direction, recognising his voice. "It was me....."

His hand was up like he was trying to get caught, but then again he didn't have anyone tailing him.

The soldier's grunt in response, "Who are you? You're not from this village, are you?"

Assuming the strangers presence, my grip around the child tighten but more comfortably beneath my cloak.

Jae-Ha raises an eyebrow, "Me? No....call me....." he begins, he pauses for the dramatic effect. He poses like he was the king, "....the green dragon who soars through the heavens!"

I swear our group also deadpans in response, making me mentally facepalm myself. Really? Being displayed like that, no one is really gonna believe you either way but a delinquent.

"Be careful!"

"He's an idiot!"

Smirking at the situation to ease the tension piling up, I knew he was trying buy time or something. If it was the case, it was a good one to be quite frank. Yet it was so stupid.Soon I fell a small tug to my dress underneath, feeling the trembling girl. She must be so frightened, after being scarred by becoming a product of the markets.

I couldn't make out what Yun was saying to Jae-ha, but making out by their lips I knew Yun was trying to scold him. Trying to urge him to stop and walk away, but he should know better we couldn't allow this tyranny to keep resuming.

"I could stand by quietly if they were only taking things," Jae-ha admits. "But do you think I could possibly forgive the sort of revolting people........who would abuse a girl?"

"Don't ask me that," Yun quietly comments.

"Exactly....I used to be a pirate...." Jae-Ha continues, still facing the soldiers facing his back to the others that hid behind the thick bush. "...I'll never have a smooth relationship with government officials anywhere."

Just within seconds as my eyes glance among the soldiers, a few I could recognise. In the past when Hak and I went on to each nation, I trained a few of the soldiers.

Yet if they saw me, I would definitely be taken in. No questions asked......

Slowly turning back around to see what Jae-ha's next move was, Hak soon stood up which I could tell straight away with his glaive in hand. Fur covering his head completely, wiping away his identity with little Ao perched in the tufts of white fur. My eyes widen beneath my cloak, not sure whether to stifle my laughter or remain composed and say nothing.

"Shin-ah's now cold!" Yun harshly whispers, scolding the thunder-beast.

Hearing the soldier's exchanging weird glances, when I hear the deep growls realising they were coming from Hak's stomach. Guessing he didn't either, hmm?

"An even stranger person, appeared!"

"Is it a monster?!"

"And his stomach is growling!"

"Maybe a hermit?"

"Something's living on his head."

This situation is actually getting hilarious by every second, easing the heavy tension that washed by. Stifling my laughter, I purse my lips tightly only for the corner of my lips to up turn into a grin.

"Oh me?" The fluff ball man questions, not letting go on that name now. "You can call me The Dark Dragon."

Yun deadpans, "There's no need to give them a name,"