𝟑𝟎 | 𝐊𝐮𝐦-𝐉𝐢'𝐬 𝐃𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐭

******************
The boats creak swaying side side knowing we have been moving for a while now, while I knelt beside Kum-Ji. Fear wasn't through my body now, knowing I can make my escape. Before I could break apart the shackles, I could hear war cries outside.

It's Hak....and the crew....

Pain starts to throb against my skull, realising I must save Yona now.

The dust starts to accumulate more down below here, making it harder for me to breathe when my lungs were burning from being crushed. My body was trembling, but all I could was think for Yona's sake to save both the two.

The sound of a thunderous explosion occurs high up, realising it was finally the signal.

"That's it," I mutter under my breathe.

The sound of footsteps rushing into the room, with more officers looking alarmed. "Lord Kum-Ji! They've managed to take out several of our mercenary squads," One informs him. "Most of the pirates are down as well, but we have another big problem. Some of their men are monsters. They're sinking our ships with their wicked powers, and the merchandise....."

A smile curls upon my lips, as the news got better by every thrilling second.

"What about it?" their leader grumbles.

"The pirates are seizing that ship," The same one replies. "If teh fight continue like this, we'll lose every one of them, sir."

The room fell silent for a moment.

Kum-Ji's eyes stray down to me before back to his officers, "I see......so not only will I lose considerable profits, but i won't even be able to use the girls as hostages......unless....."

His eyes meet mine, his grin widens sickenly.

He grabs me by the neck, "We use her as the hostage......." he growls lowly, his eyes penetrating into my own.

The officers fell silent, unsure they should.

"T-The details about what happened are kinda sketchy," the officer expresses his opinion. "But it seems like one of the girls was able to get a signal to the pirates, and they immediately attacked the ship carrying the captives."

Kum-Ji pulls his gaze from me, "You mean one of the girls was a spy?" he question.

I scoff.

"Aren't you so naive....." I remark lowly. "......so blinded by power, hastiness and focusing on me........you really let yourself go....."

His eyes grew enraged.

"What was that? Don't tell me......" his eyes slightly widen, but it was too late now to back away.

Our plan had succeeded, but all I prayed for was Yona and Yun's safety.

"Find anything to blame, but you won't have any proof," I continue, when his choke hold tightens causing the air be limited. "You don't know the person's identity.....unless you assume....I'm the spy...?"

"Shut up you little bitch!" he growls angrily, slamming me down to the ground with pure force. My ears began to ring in response, feeling my vision fuzzy. Numbed to the pain, that I lift myself up.

His men gasp from their leaders actions.

"We're sending in the rest of our mercenaries," The officer continues. "But there's no guarantee we'll be able to stop them. The strength these monsters have, is terrifying. This vessel is our last line of defense, against the advancing warriors. Lord Kum-Ji, it's advisable that we disconnect from the merchandise ship and retreat while we sti--"