𝟒𝟑 | 𝐀𝐧 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

***A Day Later***

"There you go, I hope this will taste nice to your liking," placing a warm bowl of soup, to a young woman whom was with child. Her eyes tenderly close, with a contented smile.

"Oh my dear, you didn't have to go to the trouble," She exclaims with worry, but I shook my head. My hair rests around my shoulders, allowing warmth to soak against my exposed neck.

"It's fine, besides......you really need it for your little one too," I assure her, before sitting down beside her on the verandah. She slowly brought the bowl to her lap, lifting the spoon hesitantly for a moment. Her eyes still and a little emotional, which I couldn't blame her.

A sob escapes her lips, seeing large and gentle tears cascading down her redden cheeks.

"Thank you so much," She chokes out, before taking a mouthful of the warm soup.

Humming softly her other daughter runs up to me, her bright eyes widen.

"Wow mommy, you're finally eating!" She cries out in relief, while she pulls herself upon my lap. Placing a gentle hand on the young girl's back, her mother could do was give her a teary smile.

"Thank you, miss!" the child exclaims, making me chuckle.

"It's the least I can do," while I stroke the young girl's brown locks, earning a cute giggle from her. "Anyway don't overexert yourself, and make sure you drink water......ask your daughter or someone to get me, if anything is troubling you, alright?"

The woman nods glancing up, "Thank you, I'm very grateful,"

Little did I know a certain blue haired dragon was watching. Placing the little girl down, I make my way back down towards my camp. Since the incident with the fire general's second son, I was fully alert around the village. Late night shifts, and double checking different posts of Katan Village.

"Yumi," his soft voice startled me, causing me slightly jump from his voice.

Turning I saw him slightly limping from his wound, grimacing while walking over. Striding towards him I took his hand, "Come on Shin-ah you need to clean your wound again, and gauze it,"

Without another word, we finally reach camp to see yun busy folding up some laundry he just hung up yesterday.

"Yumi, haven't seen you all morning......where have you been?" The young genius boy questions, wth curiosity. "The fire was still burning when I woke up, so......"

He glances my way, while folding up one piece of cloth.

"Just taking care of the villagers, Yona is safe to be on her own for now," I assure him, before gesturing Shin-ah to enter the tent. Following behind inside, he sits down on the blanket while I rummage through our bag of supplies looking for fresh gauze.

Looks like we need to get some more soon, we're almost running out.

Finally finding some I tell him to undo his robe, as he timidly does so. My fingers soon nimble around the hem of his turtleneck, before pulling up seeing the light bloody stained gauze still intact. My fingertips press tenderly against his wound, while my eyes scan his masked face for any sign of grimacing or pained expressions.

However he remained nonchalant, and not uncomfortable at all.

"Seems your wound is healing," I muse softly, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. Trying to brush the nervous feeling that churns my stomach, I swallow thickly before taking the gauze from around his torso. Leaning slightly forward to take some from behind him, I felt his warm breath fan against my flushed cheeks.