𝟐 | 𝐖𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

*
//TWO DAYS LATER - AT HIRYUU PALACE//

Finally it has come to the day I departed from Fuuga and stepped up to the kingdom, with Grandpa Mundok escorting me there as a support seen he reasoned with the King about my capabilities. I wore the attire that was given to me to wear, which was similar to what Hak was wearing when he left. I wore a dark navy blue over cloak, along with a light royal blue robe underneath with a dark blue sash around the waist. The robe was shorter reaching my thighs, along with dark pants underneath. My sleeves were criss crossed so my sleeves wouldn't get in the way when fighting.

I wore a teal coloured headband along with two light blue feathered earrings, and black shoes.  It felt comfortable, which was good because I hate tight and life sucking outfits. Walking up the stairs to the main room where I'm meeting King Il, I grew nervous.

"Remember you knocked Ju-Do's ass a few years ago with that tournament?" Mudok brought up, making me smirk lightly. "That proves you are capable to do anything, I believe you will do great here."

Turning to him I smile warmly when I hear the doors opening, greeting us we walk in to see King Il standing near the meeting table where all generals gathered every once, and a while.

Not long I stood before King Il as I kneel before him in respect, "My dear Kim Yu-Mi, granddaughter of Son Mundok from the Wind Tribe," he greeted, while the generals stood either side of me watching my promotion. "You have proved quite skill, and wisdom that should not be wasted by doing chores. You have proven loyalty to your village, and Kouka Kingdom as so did Hak himself. We shall officially appoint you as Kouka's warrior, the silver dragon if preferred."

The silver dragon symbolised my strength and it which associated with my title as a female warrior. "May we give you help and guidance," he adds, while I continue to bow with honour. "You may stand my child, welcome to Kouka Kingdom as Yona's official bodyguard and Hak's second in command."

Someone's throat clears abruptly, "Just one thing my King, what will the other kingdoms say about a female being part of the military?" The fire general, Soo-Jin questions furrowing his thick grey eyebrows. "Like I support and give my own blessing before because she took down one of our strongest Generals, but....for her to shoulder and muster all these responsibilities....on a female?"

The king nods hold his hand in understanding, "I can understand your point and judgement, but Yu-Mi is a very strong, smart and capable girl. She has very promising and very much potential strength," The king replied firmly, nodding but he pursed his lips together. "She has proven she can handle anything and she's almost at Hak's current level in experience and being a woman makes it easier and lighter which gives us the advantage to our military."

"Pfft....sure," Soo-Jin scoffed, while I stood there trying to not anger that old man. He already pissed me off, no matter what he does. He always mistook people's judgements and always had something to say, and never think before speaking for himself nor his tribe.

"The King is right," Joon-Gi agreed, with a calm response. He is the Water Tribe's general, and chief and known as a very well reserved man. "I've seen her battle an--"

"Yet! What will the tribes and the Kingdom think of having a damn woman as one of their warriors, wouldn't this ruin the Kouka Kingdom's reputation?!" The fire general added, while my jaw clenched angered and offended by his words. "Women are meant to cook, clean, bear children, do laundry and serve us men.....for us? That's their only use of this god forsaken world!"

"Enough! I can't stand how you can belittle women!" I heard General Ju-Do snap angrily, his eyes fiercely were enraged. "She is right before you, she can hear those damn words dripping from your mouth......women deserve our respect, I won't allo--"