𝟑𝟐 | 𝐅𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥

{Later that evening}

**************************

After finally having a proper meal and some rest, my mind was put at ease. Yona held such a sullen look I knew things were brought upon her, that sudden burden she bears with finding out the true side of Kouka Kingdom. Since she went to change, she went silent and went somewhere to have some time to herself.

Understanding having to hold that weighted burden, not being able to do anything.

It's arduous and exhausting.

My body slowly finally gathered more stamina that I started out this morning, finding more will to walk around and help providing support for Captain Gi-Gan. Never really having a mother-figure in my life hardly remembering my own mother's face, my only wish is that she's in a better place now. Gi-Gan somehow reminded me a small portion of what I could remember of my late mother, how strong she is. Born a leader.

Sadly soon which by tomorrow we have decided to keep moving on, knowing Jae-Ha made up his mind. Not wanting to be part of the group, I could understand why he didn't want anything to do with us. But not us personally, more like he wants his own freedom and no prophecies or being told what not.

"How are you feeling dear?" a voice suddenly questions, hearing soft footsteps quickly gathering it was the Captain. "The senjuso plant must've worked wonders on you, you look more brighter than this morning dear."

My arms resting against the railing with my eyes drifting upon the waters, the sun slowly sinking it's way into the bottom of the ocean. The warm colour gave me a sense of hope, and comfort.

"I fell a lot better, I'm just more worried about Yona," I reply softly, as she walks up to my side with pipe in hand.

"Worried about that girlie? For someone who's been in worse condition than herself......"She draws in her pipe, before blowing past her lips away from me. ".....I'm surprised you think about others first, you know you need to make sure you're okay.....right?"

Smiling to my myself, with a warm hum in my throat.

Suddenly interested on how she can tell, without me expressing it as much. Sitting myself up properly turning to her, leaning sideways against the railing.

"Why do you seem like you can read me......I'm an unreadable person?" I question her.

A chuckle leaves her lips, smoke blowing gently away.

"You see dear, I've lived for sixty seven years and I've had my fair share on observing others," her eyes look into my eyes. "Your eyes hold something that I can't place, but seeing your pure loyalty and love for this young girlie.........you're a true warrior. It's been years, actually.........I've never seen a girl like you ever to fight or become a warrior."

She gestures her pipe towards me, shifting her gaze to the open waters.

"Many women are taken advantage for our weaknesses, we're used as objects and slaves...." She continues, my heart aching hearing those truthful words. "Things never end peacefully, there's always gonna be something else to rise up and overpower us. Hearing your story with Kum-Ji those few years ago, hearing how you managed to survive and live.........makes me admire you so much. One day......I know you will become someone far greater than you already are now, not as an insult but someone all women can look up too."

Those words coming from another woman, who has seen the world far longer than since my birth....made me feel something stir within me. Yet I'm only human, no power, no royal. So far all I found myself as is a bodyguard, serving beside Yona and protecting her.