𝟏𝟎 | 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬

///

After a while of washing Yun and I went over to hang up the dirty clothes, offering to hold the basket for him. He was always so uptight, especially us strangers which I don't blame him. I mean it seems he had some past, to which is why he prefers to have no one around.

"My brothers cloak and mine.......they're torn," I comment, my eyes drifting to our clothes hanging up on the line assuming it's dry.

He nods, "Yeah, I will sew them up," he replies, before taking the cloaks off to make some room for the laundry. Feeling guilty I went to protest, yet I couldn't say anything. No matter saying that he needs my help, he will probably argue to not bother.

I place the basket down before bending over grabbing the damp clothes, and began to hang them up one by one. My hands drift across, hanging the heavy material saturated with water. Suddenly I notice Yun rushing to the hut, my head perks up only to hear Yona calling for Hak.

"Move aside!" Yun shoves Yona, bending down I notice Hak was awake and alive. I slowly come to a halt, watching him checking for his fever I swallow thickly. I felt quite hot and feverish, yet I didn't want to trouble Yun anymore than we have too. He's done already too much for us, so I need to suck it up. My body can fight off my fever, besides Hak is more important because he needs to keep his promise to King Il.

Yun began to make some medicine while I continue to finish off the laundry, placing the last piece before dusting my hands off. Heading over to check on Hak, Yun gives him some medicine kneeling down beside Hak.

"I've given him some medicine, but his fever won't break for a while," Yun informs me and Yona. "Tonight will be the worst of it. We'll have to watch him."

Yun went to stand when Yona latches her hand around his wrist with a pleading look in her eyes, "Please, you have to save him!" She begs him.

"I'm trying my best," Yun replies sternly. "You think I want him to die on me? Look, I'm not a trained doctor or anything, but you shouldn't be taking my help for granted like this.......it's rude. You specifically haven't thanked me once for helping you. What about him? Have you thought to thank him for saving your life, what about Yumi too? I bet it's not the first time they almost died to save you."

Ik-Soo walks in placing a hand on Yona's shoulder while I saw light tears in the corner of her eyes, "Don't worry, the gods have a plan for Hak and even you Yumi," He assures the Princess. "Death isn't coming for him tonight. He'll get better very soon."

Ik-Soo leaves us with Hak, but my eyes couldn't help but wander across to see Yona silently crying. What he said was very harsh, but I didn't want him to say those things to her. It was our job to protect her, it was our job to help her.

I notice Ik-Soo turns to Yona, "Why don't you two and I go for a nice walk outside?" he suggests, when Yona looks at Hak hesitantly. "Yun knows what he's doing when it comes to his medicine. He's saved me from certain death more than once."

We both exchange glances before nodding, gladly standing up we follow Ik-Soo outside where it was slowly at the peak of sundown. The hazy yet warm orange sun kisses my skin, while walking out when out of nowhere I hear someone collapse. My eyes shot wide turning only to see Ik-Soo on his butt, wondering how on earth he tripped over.

"Are you okay?" Yona asks, rushing to his side only to earn a nervously laugh escape past his lips.

*

///

"I'm curious, why do you live all the way out here?" Yona questions, out of the blue while we watch the sun slowly disappear.