A Winter Romance

"I have some very exciting news that I've been waiting to share with you guys." Nancy sounded ecstatic as we sat in the booth, munching on our food. We just got done with ice skating and now we were eating the pain away. I couldn't add up all the times Robin and I fell while Chrissy and Nancy skated with grace. The boys never ended up coming and insisted they stay at my house, which I didn't mind at all. I trusted them, plus I knew Eddie would take care of things. 

"What's that?" Chrissy sounded just as cheerful as she encouraged Nancy to carry on. 

"The Byers are moving back to Hawkins!" Nancy smiled wide as we all shared her excitement, except for Robin. She looked a little nervous, but fixed her attitude when she caught me looking at her. 

"That's so exciting! Now I get to meet the rest of the gang." I was actually really excited. Nancy and Mike were constantly talking about El, Jonathon and Will, even their mother, Joyce, so it would be nice to finally meet them. 

"I have some good news, too." Chrissy said, shyly. We all turned to her and waited for what she had to say. "Luke asked me to go with him to the dance." Her cheeks flushed red as we all gasped. 

"Luke?!" I practically screamed. I felt slightly repulsed since I viewed him as a brother, but was excited for the both of them. 

"Yeah." Chrissy smiled. "I mean, at first I didn't know because...well, you know." We all frowned as we remembered Jason. "But, I know I should be happy and not mopping around everyday of my life."

"Agreed. We're happy for you, Chrissy." Nancy smiled. Robin was unusually quiet, seeming as if she was lost in thought, but I kept it to myself, not wanting to out her in front of everyone. 

After finishing our food, we decided it was time to go back to my place. It was getting late and we had school tomorrow before going shopping for our dresses. I have no idea how I'm going to afford it, but I'll find a way. 

The moment we pulled up to my house, the three boys came walking out to meet us. I thought that was odd, but I'm guessing they're getting ready to leave. 

"How was ice skating, darling?" Eddie pulled me into his chest and kissed the top of my head as soon as I was in arms length to him. 

"I was on my ass most of the time." I giggled before pulling back to look into his brown eyes that somehow sparkled against the moonlight. He smiled wide before hugging me once more. "How come you guys are out here, anyways?" I rubbed my hands together, feeling the cold air bite at my skin. 

"Because I missed you so much that I had to come see you immediately. They just kind of followed me out." Eddie shrugged, still smiling down at me with those adorable dimples. I bit my lip and made a small noise of happiness before wrapping my arms around him again. Eddie chuckled and rubbed his hands up and down my back, warming me up. "Ready to go in, beautiful?" I nodded and held his hand as he led me inside. 

"Why is it so dark in here?" I asked as I walked in first. Every light in the house was off, making it nearly impossible to see. Once everyone was inside, someone flipped on a switch, making me gasp at the sight. The whole house was decorated with Christmas decorations. It was absolutely beautiful, making my eyes tear up as I turn to look at everyone. 

"Surprise!" They all cheered. 

"You guys were in on this, too?" I asked the girls. They all nodded before giving me a group hug. Once they pulled away, I turned towards Luke and Steve, bear hugging them. "Thank you guys so much. This means so much." I said as I turned towards Eddie, giving him the biggest hug of all. I knew it was his idea and I felt so loved because of it. 

"We were going to wait for you to pick out a Christmas tree, but Luke insisted. We can decorate it later, though, since Juliet isn't here." Eddie smiled. I nodded and cuddled into his arm as I looked over at the house once more.