𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓸𝓷𝓮

Driving back home from another tiring week of concerts . A new city every day , the crowds filled with wild fans screaming my name , it always gave me butterflies . I've been traveling since I was sixteen . Two years of traveling . My family/ band was in the van talking.  I have two siblings ,  my brother Finn plays the guitar, while my sister Millie plays base . I feel comfortable having my siblings standing on my sides while I sing on stage .

I can't for get my best friends Sadie who plays the keyboard , and Noah who plays the drums . I've been friends with them since the fifth grade , I am the lead singer and songwriter. I write most of my songs about love, which is so weird because I've never dated anyone ever  . My dad , Joe Keery, started helping us start  the band . We lost our mom when I was only six years old , she's the reason I even started singing in the first place. I wear her heart locket necklace 24/7 . Whenever I'm on stage, I feel like a piece of her is still with me .

     I was in the back of the bus sitting on one of the bottom bunks and listening to music while looking out the window . Doing that always gave me some peace of mind and helped me write songs.  We were in the middle of nowhere . With just a few hours ahead of us before we got home . I loved being on the road , but I missed my bed . The song I was listening to ended just as I decided to go sit in the front of the bus with everyone else . I walked up and saw everyone talking about the concert .

      " Guys, it was so thrilling as always ! " Sadie exclaimed . " When's the next week of concerts, dad !? " Millie asked, slightly jumping up from the couch . "Well, I was talking to your guys' manager, and he said that we might be up for a month or two of touring ! " my dad said while keeping his eye on the road , "What !! Holy shit dad thats amazing ! " I said, almost screaming . "  "Gosh everything is moving quickly for us. Remember when we were playing at family gatherings  guys ?!" Finn asked, letting a small laugh out."Yeah , gosh honestly guys I kinda miss those ! " I laugh." Me too , and the free food ! " Noah added . 

" Yeah , you guys have come a long way from birthday parties . I'm proud of you guys , but just remember -" " Don't let all this attention change the way you act !" We all laugh and repeated. "When do we leave, Mr. Keery ? " Noah asked, lifting his his head over to see my dad . " Uh, in a week ! It gives me enough time. " we all made confused faces before Finn asked," Enough time for what, dad ? " Finn bit his lower lip, which is something he does when he's nervous.  " To find another guitarist! " We all quickly looked at each other. 

" Why do we need a new guitarist?" Sadie asked . " Just to give us some more sound , and they won't just be a guitarist they will help take some pressure of Y/n so she won't lose her voice so easily!" So their gonna be like a backup singer for me ?" I asked curiously." Yeah , don't worry, guys. I'll make sure that their respectful towards the band and won't bring it down ! Oh, and no funny business, no dating. we don't want it to get in the way of the band , ok ?" We all mumbled in response that was another one of dads rules which we really hated  Finn liked Sadie and Noah liked Millie  but they couldn't do anything about otherwise 'it'll mess with the band ', anyway we're still happy about the tour.  Our dream was finally coming true,  but I felt like I was still missing something . Something like my siblings feel .

Word Count: 659