BROWNIES Part 3

BROWNIES (3)

I turned slowly to the guy right next to me and wondered why he was crying.

"Are you crying, Elvis? It's just a movie and you are featured in it," God! the ice cream and popcorn tasted 10 times better than any popcorn and ice cream I've ever had.

"I'm not crying," he sniffed. "You're just high," he tried to laugh but it came out as a pathetic expression that consisted of him breaking down the more. "I get emotional when I'm high." He finally admitted. He'd been doing a lot of that lately since we started eating the brownies together and I didn't realize how interesting he was until we started talking and when we finally got on the same frequency in our highness, the conversation just started flowing.

"I promise I won't tell anyone," I folded my hand into a fist and landed it on my chest with a weird kind of seriousness in my eyes and my heart. He didn't think or look or act like I was being weird, he just dipped his spoon into the ice cream and said, "Thank You." "How much of the brownie did you eat?"

"A lot. It's the only way I can be as high as you are—your royal highness." He scoffed and for some reason, I found his terrible joke funny and I wouldn't stop laughing uncontrollably.

"You look beautiful when you laugh," came out of nowhere and even though I was high, I paused.

"Don't come and be whining me," I waved him off with a smile on my face—but wait o, am I actually getting high with my boss on a weekday? In his house? On his couch? What kind of year is this one turning out to be?!

"I'm serious," his octave came up and he fixed his eyes on my lips.

Let me not lie, I liked the way he looked at me—but I wasn't about to let my guard down.

"Please, stop looking at me like that," I heard myself say and I began to wonder why I would even say that. It sounded weaker than weak. I sounded like a secondary school girl I would have laughed at for saying such a thing. What kind of brownies was this for God's sake?

"I can't, it's endearing,"

"Sir?" No amount of highness could erase the awkwardness at this point. How did we get to this? How—wait, did he just compliment the shape of my lips?—wait! What's happening? Am I mad? Are we mad? Is this what madness looks like? People thinking they're normal when they're actually acting abnormally in ways only a normal person would understand and find questionable.

'Bobo yi ti koba mi''

"What's going through your mind right now?" Why was he asking in such a sexy voice?—why am I thinking of him as sexy? 'Ah! They have finally gotten me!...my village people oo!'

"I think I'm losing my mind," I confessed and that was when I began to notice how perfectly carved his lips were too.

"I think it's fine—sometimes we just need to—God you're so beautiful!"

"Sir?"

"You heard me,"

"How much did you eat?"

"Enough,"

"I think I need to go and sleep before—,"

"—,you're worried I might come on to you because I'm acting weird right? Guess what? I'm more worried than you are."

"No, I'm worried that if you don't stop talking, I'll come on to you," I said and immediately covered my mouth in shock. Where the hell did that come from?

To be continued...

Vote
Vote
Vote
Thank you!
If you don't know how to vote, click on that star below and see what happens.
And yeah, follow me on Instagram
@cinmithewriter