Log Sixteen: AREMO

SIXTEEN
AREMO

01/01/2022

New Year's Day

6:41 pm

Dear Diary

This little conversation just happened between myself and the chauffeur and I just thought to share.

I was still making the phone calls when I heard the raspy noise of him clearing his throat.

"Any problem Aremo?"

"No o madam—I just one tell you say I like your spirit."

I sat up slowly as the weird compliment began to kick in like nicotine.

"Uh...thank you sir o but why? And how?"

He took a deep breath and started, "Forget that you're seeing me drive, I have a small church that I run—I am a prophet and I see things the ordinary eyes cannot see. My OGA hasn't smiled in the last 4 years—forget the fake ones he does in the movies, but your own matter has made him smile more than four times today."

"Really?"

"Yes, when we went to eat, he kept talking about you and how you're such a very funny person—I don't want to say whether he likes you or whether he just finds you annoying, the fact that I just want to mention is that, someway and somehow, you've brought back smiles and genuine emotions from him."

It was how he tried too hard to switch from Queens English to Naija English for me thereby messing with my brain juice for me, but I still got his point though.

"I'm really surprised about this thing you're telling me sir o because to God who made me, I've been telling myself that today will be the last day I'll work for him because of all the complains he's been having."

He looked back at me for a second and laughed hard before saying, "You think if my Oga didn't like you, he'll allow you to enter his car? Don't worry—me I know that he likes you, but you'll soon find out yourself."

Weird right?

Omo na so e shock me too o.

Bye for now, I've to make more calls before the party.
Aremo's gist partner; Shaniqua

Vote
Vote
Vote
Thank you!
If you don't know how to vote, click on that star below and see what happens.
And yeah, follow me on Instagram
@cinmithewriter