Log Fifty-one: I

FIFTY-ONE
I

Tuesday

10:56 pm

Dear, Diary

Shantel finally set me free after what seemed to me like endless hours of convincing her that I didn't do anything with my boss to get the new iPhone 12 Pro Max in my hands.

"Not even a small kiss?" She pressed on while throwing shameful glances at her iPhone XR that she wouldn't stop bragging about.

"Not even 'a small kiss', Shantel. Not all of us can be as generous as you are. We can only hope to become half of you in our lifetime." I groaned out in relief as my last bra strap came off.

"Is there still vacancy?" Normally Shantel would have thrown the slippers on her feet at me at my response, but the shamelessness in her heart must have increased because did she just admit her immoral generosity, or have I just had too much Smirnoff?

"What happened to your hatred for 9-5? I thought you were going to become the first billionaire stay-home YouTuber?"

"I thought you weren't going to be with anyone until you became a billionaire journalist?" She shot back at me.

Touché

"Well...technically, I'm not with anyone...yet."

"Can you even hear yourself? You sound pathetic— abeg, is there vacation—Abi na vacancy una dey call am?"

She couldn't even pronounce vacancy well and she wanted employment.

"I'll let you know tomorrow morning." I lied.

"Please oo, I really need this kind of work." She stupidly believed.

'In your dreams' I thought.

"Goodnight," I said.

Let's go and finish the gist in my room. I write.

Shaniqua

Vote
Vote
Vote
Thank you!
If you don't know how to vote, click on that star below and see what happens.
And yeah, follow me on Instagram
@cinmithewriter