Log Sixty-six: FANTASY

SIXTY-SIX
FANTASY

Wednesday

10:50 pm

Dear, Diary

I heard a knock on my door and sat up before asking whoever it was to come in.

Mind you, I knew, "whoever it was". Shantel never knocks and mum announces herself seconds before reaching my door, so I knew who exactly it was.

"Can we talk?"

"I'm so sorry about--,"

"--, not about that, Shaniqua—in fact, let's not ever talk about that—ever." He sniffed hard and I knew he was clearly mortified.

"Okay, sir—what will you like to talk about?"

"Will you not offer me a seat?"

Seat? What did he need a seat for? Wasn't the plan to have a small discussion about tomorrow? Why did he have to seat?

I scanned the room and the only place decent enough for him to sit on was my bed, so I made space for him and he gave me a questioning look before coming forward.

"You're nervous," he started and I turned to look at him like he was out of his mind for suggesting the truth.

"Why would I be?"

"It's evident on your face—and in the texture of your voice—I mean, you're practically shivering."

I was shivering.

"It's kind of cold."

"Of course. Anyway, I'm shooting the final scene early tomorrow morning and by noon I should be out of the country for a month..." he faltered to search my face for some kind of emotion or something, but I just sat and watched, plus I was a little frozen too.

"Oh..." I sat up and tried to pull my T-shirt below my knees but the fabric was adamant.

"Don't worry, you'll still run things here on my behalf—I'm not dropping the world on your shoulders." He chuckled and I joined him for a second and then, there was an awkward silence between us.

"Are you okay?" He asked with a soft tone from nowhere and I nodded my head.

"I'm good."

"Great then—I guess we can call it a night. We'll be leaving here as early as 7 so, get prepared."

"Yes sir." I nodded and we began to walk out of the room but I paused at the door while he stepped out, half leg and half leg out.

"Cool..." he faltered and I was about to tell him goodnight when he halted the door from getting shut with his leg.

"Can I kiss you?" I heard him whisper and before I could look up, he was—

. . .

"Shaniqua?...Shaniqua?" Elvis snapped his fingers at me still seated on my bed. "You zoned out for a minute," he smiled and I felt my entire body grow hot in anger and mortification.

"I'm sorry—was planning already," I lied and chuckled afterward and he rose to his feet.

"Goodnight then?"

"Goodnight," I responded and I shut the door and crumbled to the floor with my back against the door right after.

What the hell is happening to me?!

Shaniqua

Vote
Vote
Vote
Thank you!
If you don't know how to vote, click on that star below and see what happens.
And yeah, follow me on Instagram
@cinmithewriter