Log Thirty-three: LOVER GIRL

THIRTY-THREE
LOVER GIRL

Tuesday

8:30 am

Dear Diary

I was approaching the gate of the advertising firm from the coffee shop when I sighted the Corolla from yesterday parked right in front of the building while the familiar physique of the Mr. Nice Guy leaning on the car—looking impatient.

I ran towards him and almost got myself hit by a bike while spilling a bit of the coffee—but to be honest Bebi, I didn't really care about the damned coffee—I was just super glad to see him most especially because I severely doubted that Nasty Elvis was going to fulfill his promise of giving me the phone not after what had just transpired.

"Hi!" I called at the man with the most genuine smile on my face, actually Bebi, I've never truly been happy to set my eyes on someone in a very long time. He caught me walking towards him and sighed in relief.

"I've been here three times yesterday and twice today—you left--"

"--, My phone in your car right? I've been so worried sick," I groaned as I watched him bring the phone out of his pocket. Who would've thought that I'd be so happy to set my eyes on the broke thing? "You're an angel sir—you're more than an angel," I confessed before dropping the coffee on the top of his car while I took the phone from him.

"I'm glad you're happy—I'm sure you must have thought that I intended to steal your phone," he gave me a funny look that genuinely made me smile stupidly.

Gosh! A bad girl like me, smiling like a fool! Chai!

Anyway...

"Who wouldn't consider that—,"

"—, Shaniqua is that my freaking COFFEE?!" I froze when I heard the raging yet familiar voice of my boss from the window of his office on the last floor. Did this man have a life at this point?

"Modaran! Ah—no sir—sorry, Yessir! I'm coming!—Uh...thank you very much for returning the phone Mr..."

"Justin, just call me Justin,"

"Great, Justin—thank you so much from the bottom of my heart—I've to go or I'll risk getting fired."

"Can I get your number at least?" He called at me and I paused.

"My phone doesn't have a lock—didn't you try to get my number?"

"You really didn't expect me to go through your phone right?"

"That's the most gentlemanly thing I've ever—,"

"—SHANIQUA!"

"I have to go, Justin."

"What time do you close?"

"5-ish!" I don't know why I called back, but I did.

"I'll be waiting out here!" He called back and although the hot coffee spilled on me and my heart thumped in fear, I still found myself smiling at the thought of a personal connection with a man like Justin.

Bye for now
The lover girl; Shaniqua

Vote
Vote
Vote
Thank you!
If you don't know how to vote, click on that star below and see what happens.
And yeah, follow me on Instagram
@cinmithewriter