Seventeen

After I yelled at Two-bit and Steve to not tell Laney what sex was, I decided to call Evie.

"Hey, Steve? What's Evie's number?" I questioned from the phone. "Why, you trying to pick up my girl?" Steve joked. "No, I just need to talk to her," I said. "918-675-9956," Steve said, beginning to arm wrestle with Sodapop.

The phone rang a few times before someone picked up. "Hello?" the voice asked. "Hi, is Evie there?" I asked. The person held the phone away from them and yelled Evie's name. "She'll be down in just a second. Have a good day." The person said before handing it off to Evie.

"Hello? Who's this?" Evie asked. "It's Sydney. Can you meet me at the Dingo?" I asked. "Of course. See you in ten?" She asked. "Yup!" I said before saying goodbye and hanging up the phone.

"Why'd you have to call Evie?" Two-bit asked. "Oh, just to catch up," I said, smiling. "You saw her like yesterday." Two-bit cocked an eyebrow.

"So? Bye, see you guys later." I bid my goodbyes. "She's telling Evie that you fucked." Steve laughed. "Shut up!" I yelled and slammed the door.

I walked to the Dingo with my hands in the pockets of my jeans. I came to terms with me liking Sodapop, maybe even love him. But I never really thought we'd have sex. I didn't even think I'd ever had sex. I mean, I was a 16-year-old virgin. That's not very common now. Have you seen girls at school?

I opened the door to the Dingo and Evie was sitting in a booth. I sat across from her. "So?" Evie dragged. I smiled.

"Was it a good date? What movie did you watch?" She questioned. "It was great! We watched Psycho II." I smiled. "And?" I motioned her to come forward. "We did it," I said.

Evie's eyes went wide. "My best friend isn't a virgin anymore!" She practically yelled. "Thanks for telling the whole diner." I rolled my eyes.

Evie just laughed. "Did you use protection? Look I'm excited, but I don't want to be a godmother just yet." She joked. My face faltered. "Oh my god. We forgot." Evie's eyes got wider than before. "Sydney!" Evie whisper-yelled.

"Why do you think I gave those condoms to you? Did you think they were balloons?" Evie questioned. "It was just a spur of the moment! We didn't think about it! Plus, I think the condoms are still in his truck." I said.

"Sydney, you better hope you aren't pregnant." Evie laughed. "Oh, I am." I sighed. "If you are, I will always be here. I'm sure Sodapop will make a great father. If he doesn't want to be in its life. Well, he won't be having any more kids, that's for damn sure." Evie smiled at me.

"Thank you, Evie. But I'm probably not even pregnant. I mean we only had sex once." I shrugged. "Okay. Let's go shopping!" Evie said happily. "For what?" I asked. "Maternity clothes, duh." Evie joked. "Evie!" I groaned.

We did end up going shopping.

"What are we even going to get here?" I asked, amused at her while she scanned clothing racks. "I don't know. We could get clothes, jewelry, and tattoos. Oh my god! Let's get matching tattoos!" Evie said happily.

"Okay, but nothing big," I said as she dragged me into a piercing and tattoo place. "Evie! I want a nose ring! Ooh, or maybe my ears double pierced." I said, looking at all the styles. "How about all three?" Evie declared excitedly. "I'll pay for it all, but I can't get a nose ring. My dad would flip. We'll get matching tattoos, and our ears double pierced. You get the nose piercing too!"

I got nervous, but I nodded my head. Evie went to talk to a person at the desk about what we wanted. She came back and grabbed my hand, pulling me to the tattoo area. "What are we getting?" I asked. "Okay, infinite signs, or hearts?" She asked. I thought for a minute.

"Heart!"

I laid down on the bed thing and Evie laid beside me. The person came in with the tattoo gun and asked us what we wanted. "A small heart on our collarbone!"

After the person stabbed us with a gun a million times, we were done. It honestly didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would. "Now time for piercings!" Evie smiled brightly. "I didn't know you were such a rebel." I joked. Evie flipped her hair, "Duh." She said, making me laugh.

We sat up in the bed thing and a different person with a lot of piercings and tattoos came to pierce us. "We both want our ears pierced one time more," Evie began, "And I want my nose pierced."

The lady smiled at us and got clean needles and put them on a paper towel. She cleaned my ears first, deciding to pierce mine first. She dotted my nose and both ears. "Which one first?" She asked. "Nose, just to get it out of the way."

"Talk to me." She said as she lined up the needle to my nose. "I really like all your piercings, especially the one in the middle of your nose." I smiled. "Thank you," She said, smiling back. "Do you have a boyfriend?" She asked. "Yeah, his name is Sodapop- FUCK!" I said as she pierced through my nose.

She looped a stud through the back of the needle and my nose was done. I looked in the mirror. "I love it! Thank you." I said. "Your boyfriend's name is Sodapop?" The piercer questioned, laughing. "Yeah, his parents were original people." I smiled. "Okay, we'll do your friend's ears then we can do yours, just so you can calm down a bit." I nodded my head.

As the piecer dotted Evie's ears and lined up the needle, I began to talk to her. "When's your next date with Steve?" I asked. but before she could get the answer, the piercer pushed the needle through and put in a little gold stud to match the other gold ones her mother got her. She laughed, "Next Sunday."

The piercer put the needle to her other ear. "What time?" I asked. "6:30, we're going to see a movie- Shit!" She said as the piercer put a little gold stud in.

The piercer moved onto me and lined up the needle. She didn't let me get any words out as she pushed the needle through and looped a silver stud in, to match my small diamonds that were Mamas. "Ow." I laughed a bit. She did the other ear so quick, that I couldn't really tell she did it.

"You girls are all set." She smiled at us after giving us some stuff to take care of them, and Evie gave her the money. "Thank you!" We both called out as we walked out of the store. "That was so fucking cool! We look hotter than ever!" I exclaimed. "Yes! Sodapop and Steve won't be able to keep their hands off us!" Evie laughed.

Evie took me home in her little red car and went to her own house. I wonder what the boys will say about my new... appliances. The shirt I had on me had a very obvious dip, that was revealing my new tattoo.

I opened the door and everyone was minding their own business. I pulled Sodapop into the bathroom. "Well?" I asked, a smile on my face. "What?" He asked, looking confused. I rolled my eyes and pointed at my new things. "Oh my." He said, his eyes wide and a grin. "You look smoking." He smiled and kissed me. "Why thank you." I laughed.

"Hey! Get out of the bathroom you two, not after what we experienced this morning!" I heard Steve yell. "Shut the fuck up!" I yelled back, making the gang and I laugh. We did walk out and I sat on the couch.

"Somethings different with you," Two-bit said, squinting his eyes. "No, I don't think so." I laughed. "Yeah, there's something off, come here Steve!" Two-bit yelled. Steve came and stood in front of me.

"What?" He asked. "Somethings different with Sydney," Two-bit said, pointing at me. Steve nodded his head, "Yeah..."

"Hey! You got a tattoo!" Steve yelled, I was sure the whole neighborhood could hear. "So does your girlfriend." I laughed. Everyone's eyes were on me. "I got three other things too, dimwit." I rolled my eyes.

"And a nose piercing! And your ears are double pierced! You're going to look like a tattoo artist when your 19!" Steve joked. I rolled my eyes and laughed, "I only got four things, that's not a lot."

"You're the first person I've seen with a nose piercing." Ponyboy joined. "Really?" I asked. "Yeah." "Me too," Steve and Two-bit said. I rolled my eyes again.

"You guys just don't pay attention."

This chapter is dedicated to my new five piercings and a heart tattoo between my thumb and pointer. The tattoo was a stick and poke, so I doubt it will last long lmao. Also, I know Oklahoma was the last to legalize tattoos in 2006 and piercings in 1998, but we're gonna forget about that. reminder, this takes place in November of 1984!! Love you guys <3