Nine

It's been two weeks since I and Sodapop started dating. Tonight he was planning on taking me on a date.

I needed to look my best for him.

Steve's new girlfriend, Evie, was going to help me get ready. She was really nice and treated Steve right. She was so pretty and was in the middle class, not a soc, but not a greaser, though she really only hung out with Greasers. I set them up on a date, I knew Evie from first grade. We've stayed friends throughout the years, but now of she dating Steve, we've gotten close again. It's nice having a girl best friend. 

Evie was gonna spend all day helping me get ready. She was kind enough to pay for all my things even though I had repeatedly told her not to.

Poor Johnny and Ponyboy wanted to come along. Let's see how long they last. Evie and I cracked up laughing when they told me and Evie they wanted to come.

At 9:00 A.M. I woke up to Ponyboy and Johnny shaking me to wake up. I nearly slapped them across the face until I realized who they were.

"Come on, Evie's waiting. Don't bother getting changed, Evie's gonna keep you in the dress you buy." Pony said when he finally stopped shaking me.

"Alright, I'm up," I said as I got out of bed. I went to the bathroom and brushed my hair along with my teeth.

I walked into the living room to see Evie tapping her foot impatiently.

She looked up when she heard the door open. "Finally!" She said as she stood up and pushed me out the door, Ponyboy and Johnny following.

"Ok boys, don't be complaining when we're in the stores for two hours. You guys wanted this." Evie said as she started the engine of her car. Her car was tuff. It was a 1968 BMW. I swear Steve likes her for her car. And her boobs.

She sped off and soon we were in a hair shop. She walked off and was talking to the lady at the front desk.

She came back and I asked what we were going to do to my hair. "Don't worry about it," Evie replied with a smirk. I mentally braced myself as I walked back into a salon chair.

After around 30 minutes of hair-pulling, cutting, yelps, and ow's, I was finally done.

I was spun around in the chair and I looked into the mirror. I looked fucking hot!

My hair was just above my shoulder before it was resting comfortably on my boobs.

It had blonde highlights which made me look mature. My natural dark brown was still visible.

"Thank you so much!" I said as I stood up. Evie went to go pay and quickly came back.

"You look great Syd!" Ponyboy said, smiling at me.

"Yeah, Soda's never going to look away from you," Johnny commented. I blushed at the sound of Sodapop's name.

Next, it was time for makeup. Evie came with me and told the stylist girl what to do.

Once I opened my eyes at the wrong time and was stabbed in the eye. I'm pretty sure my brown eye is now hazel because of the eyeshadow.

Soon the makeup artist was done. She gave me a mirror. Once again, I looked drop-dead fucking hot.

My skin was flawless and my eyeshadow was beautiful, my eyes were covered in natural shades and a little glitter on the inner corner. My lips were a rosy pink and my eyelashes were long and beautiful.

Once again, Evie paid and we were off dress shopping.

Evie picked out the dresses for me and pushed me into a clothing thing to try them on.

The first was a long one that was sparkly. It was pretty nonetheless, but it was so itchy. I put that in the no pile.

The second was a very short red one. It stopped just underneath my crotch. I was scared if I moved my leg the wrong way all hell would break loose. There was a slit that went very high where I couldn't wear any underwear. And the neckline was dipped so far I thought my belly button was gonna be exposed.

I put that in the no pile. If I wanted to wear something like that, I would just go with paper towels wrapped around me.

The third one was amazing. I felt like me in it. It was almost exactly like Marilyn Monroe's pink dress in the movie "Niagra" It made me feel so beautiful. It was red instead of pink. The neckline was about above my shoulders and dipped down a bit for a little cleavage. Instead of hugging my body all the way, it started to flow at the waist. This was the one.

I walked out and Evie saw me. "Oh my God! This is so perfect! This is the one!" She squealed. "Look, boys!" Evie called.

Ponyboy and Johnny looked up at me. Both of their eyes widened. "You look so good Sydney." Johnny complimented.

"Yeah, Sodapop's so lucky to have you," Ponyboy commented.

I smiled at both of their comments.

I looked at the clock on the wall. "Oh my God! I'm gonna be late! Come one, we gotta head to the Curtis' I said. Evie's eyes widened as she quickly paid and ran out of there, the boys behind her.

Once we were all in the car, Evie zoomed off. Soon we were in front of the Curtis house.

I slowly walked up the steps. I knocked on the door. Knocking was weird for me to do at the Curtis'. The door opened to reveal Sodapop.