Fifteen

"Sydney," Laney asked, "Why are you crying?" She said frowning. "I just miss somebody," I said, sniffling. "It's okay. I think they do love you." She smiled at me and looked around making sure no one was watching.

Laney turned back to me and gave me a hard candy. "Shh. Don't tell anyone." She smiled. "I won't." I laughed and turned my attention to the t.v. "Sissy?" Laney asked as I popped the candy into my mouth, it was caramel. I nodded my head showing I was listening. "Could we stay here tonight?" She pleaded. "Go ask Darry." I smiled.

Laney ran off to find Darry and quickly came back. "He said yes!" She yelled. "But he said to keep the door open when you sleep with Sodapop. I don't know what that means." She shrugged.

The room erupted with laughter, but I rolled my eyes. "Hey, Laney. Go tell Darry we aren't like that." I said, fixating my gaze on the t.v. again. "Okay!" She said happily and went to his room.

Laney ran down a minute, "He said okay then told me to leave." She explained. "Where do you wanna sleep?" I asked her. "With you and Sodapop!" She said excitedly. I nodded my head.

Soon it was about 12 a.m., and Laney was passed out on the couch, Steve and Dallas had left, and Pony had gone to his room an hour ago, so it was just me and Sodapop awake. Well, Two-bit was still in a trance by whatever was on t.v.

"I'm going to bed," I said, rubbing my eyes. "I'll be in there in a second, do you want me to leave Laney here?" Sodapop asked me. "Yeah, I don't want to wake her up in the process of moving her to your bed," I said, walking into Sodapop's room, and him following.

"Goodnight, Sodapop," I said. "Goodnight, my love." He said, kissing my forehead. I smiled.

I woke up to laughter and the smell of bacon. I couldn't remember what day it was, but I knew Sodapop had work. It was only 7:00 a.m., but I decided to wake him. I'm sure his work starts at 8:00 a.m., but he does take an awfully long time to get ready.

He's almost worse than me, and that's saying something.

"Sodapop, wake up. It's 7." I woke him softly. He grumbled but sat up smiling at me. "What?" I questioned smiling. "You're just so darn pretty." Soda charmed. "Oh shut up. Go get ready." He got up but not before giving me a kiss.

I walked into the living room and Two-bit was on the couch, holding a plate of half-eaten cake in the air. "What the hell are you doing?" I asked amused. "Steve's trying to take my cake," he raised up his beer and cake, "and my beer!" He whined.

I rolled my eyes and walked into the kitchen where Darry was making bacon and toast, and Laney was sitting at the table with a glass of chocolate milk.

"Two-bit is on the couch," I said as I took bacon from a plate he was setting the cooked ones on. "Yeah, I'm aware, Two-bit, off the couch!" Darry yelled at him as if he was a dog. I poked my head around the corner to see Two-bit jump off of the couch.

I smiled and then turned to Darry, "he's off!"

I walked into the living room and plopped on the couch. "Hurry up, fancy boy! We can't be late to work again!" Steve yelled as he managed to take Two-bit's cake and chomp into it.

Sodapop rushed into the living room, "I can't find my DX shirt!" he complained, tearing up the house trying to find his shirt. I groaned knowing I'd clean this later.

I walked into Soda's room and saw his Dx shirt sitting in plain sight on his dresser. I walked back into the living room.

"Over here, dumb ass!" I yelled, throwing Soda's shirt at him. He sighed in relief and grabbed the shirt from me and thanked me.