Fourteen

I woke up and Dallas was gone. He was probably getting himself in trouble. I decided to go get Laney from Two-bits house. I put on a blue shirt and a pair of shorts.

I walked past a small store that had an alleyway, and I heard screaming that sounded very familiar.

I pulled my switchblade from my bra which was very convenient. I walked cautiously into the alleyway.

I saw two larger teenagers beating a fairly smaller kid. I noticed the kid had the same hair as Ponyboy.

"Hey! Get the hell off him!" I yelled. The socs looked at me and then turned around. I walked up behind one and tapped him on the shoulder. "What little bitch? You wanna end up like this kid?"

"Do you know who I am?" I questioned with a cute smile. They had finally stopped hurting the kid, who I saw as Ponyboy. I shook my head.

"No, and we don't care." One said. "Hey, Simon, she is mighty fine though." The other one smirked.

"Yeah, no thanks," I said, "but I'm Dallas Winston's kid sister. That's Darry Curtis' kid brother too." I pointed at Ponyboy. Their eyes widened.

"So unless you wanna fuck with them, I think you should move your ugly asses home." I smiled kindly. They scoffed at me but walked away. I tucked my switchblade back into my bra and went to go assist Ponyboy.

"What the hell Pony." I laughed slightly. "I was only trying to come home from the movies," Ponyboy replied glumly.

"Hey, it's alright now Pony, let's get you cleaned up," I said, worried. "Please don't take me home. I don't want Darry finding out." Pony said, kind of panicked. I shook my head, "I won't. We'll clean you up at Two-bit's, I have to pick up Laney. I'll make sure Two-bit doesn't tell Darry."

Ponyboy smiled at me and we began to walk. We made it to Two-bit's house with no trouble, I told Pony to wait in the kitchen.

"What in the hell happened to him?" Two-bit asked. "And why'd you leave your sister here, she and Lily were laughing all night. I couldn't hear Mickey Mouse at all!"

"Pony got jumped, and you are NOT telling Darry about it, you hear? Dallas forgot about Laney." I laughed.

"Okay." Two-bit put his arms up in defense.

I went to the bathroom and got stuff to clean up Ponyboy with.

"Horseman, sit in that chair," I said, pointing to a chair at the dining table. "Don't call me Horseman. My name is Ponyboy." He said as he sat in the chair. I rolled my eyes.

"This might hurt, so breathe in," I said as I put some antiseptic crap on his small cuts. I finished cleaning him rather quickly, he did better than I expected.

"Wait for me while I get Laney, then we can go. Darry shouldn't be able to tell, besides that bruise forming on your arm. Just say we were roughhousing a little." I said as I went and retrieved Laney. Pony nodded and went to talk to Two-bit as I got Laney.

I knocked on the door of Lily's room to signal I was coming in. I heard giggling coming from inside.

I opened the door and saw Laney and Lily building a fort. "Come on, Laney. We have to go home." I said, smiling. Laney whined and gave Lily a hug goodbye. "Bye-bye friend. I'll see you soon!" She said. "Bye, Lily," I said, giving her a small wave. She waved back.

"I wish we didn't have to go home," Laney said, frowning. "Yeah, but you'll see her again!" I said which instantly brightened her mood.

"Horseman!" Laney called, hugging Ponyboy. He groaned; "Seriously, Sydney."