One

Started: 12-22-2021 Ended: 07-24-2022

A/N! My story takes place in 1980's Tulsa, Oklahoma. It will not be a major part of the story, most likely just the music will be different. Also, I don't know if Pony has his own room and sleeps with Soda due to nightmares, or if he is forced to sleep with him cause there's not enough room, but we're gonna go with that he doesn't have nightmares anymore and is sleeping in his room haha.

My full name is Sydney Ivory Lynn Winston. My friends would call me an abundance of different names, including Sydney, Syd, and Skwid. I don't know where Skwid came from, but it's better than pothead as Dallas and Two-bit would call me for smoking weed. I got woken up by none other than my brother, Dallas Winston, trying to wake me up for school. "Wake up! You gotta go to school man, I don't want you to end up like me." Dally yelled, desperate to wake me up.

"I hate school, Dally. I don't want to ever go again!" I yelled right back. "C'mon you don't wanna see Ponyboy, Johnny, or Two-bit today? Hey, ask Soda if he wants to come over to Bucks. There's a party. Get up!" " Dally called once again. I mumbled something inaudible for a response.

"Alright, I'll go ahead and call Sodapop, I'll tell him you're in love with him. Mark my words, Syd!" Dally yelled again, angrily. By now, his face might have been as red as a red bird.

"You won't," I said, giggling slightly at the thought of it. Before I knew it, I heard the door slam, then it opened only a few minutes later.

I felt the door open again to Dally talking on the phone, then pushing it in my face, before I grabbed it. "I heard from a scary mad man that a girl named Sydney needed to 'get her ass up or she'll be late for school'." A familiar voice said, mimicking how Dallas had presumably said it.

The voice belonged to none other than Sodapop Curtis. "No," I said bluntly. "I guess that leaves no choice.." Soda said, seconds before screaming into the phone as loud as he could.

I gasped in the sudden action. I quickly rolled off my bed onto the floor while laughing. "Ow goddamn OK, Alright! I'm up, you idiot!" I said, trying to control my fit laughter.

I slowly stood up. "I'll see you after school at the DX okay? Have a good day." Soda said before hanging up the phone.

I slid off my pajama shorts that had polka dots printed on them, then swiftly pulled off a gray shirt that I wore to bed. I slipped on underwear that made me feel good about myself and a matching bra.

I then put on the rest of my clothes, today I wore some skinny jeans with a dark green tank top, and a blue flannel over them.

I grabbed my shoes and put them on before walking out of my room door. When I opened it, I saw an unpleasant scene. Dally making out with some broad. "Gross." I thought before walking out the door.

Ponyboy and Johnny weren't on the front porch. "Oh, damn," I said under my breath. I knew I was gonna have to walk to school alone now. I knew this would be bad, Socs littered the roads.

Walking into the morning daylight, I took a sharp breath of the crisp air. As I walked down the street to my high school, I got cat-called by multiple greasers and Socs.

I continued her walk, trying to not pay attention to the catcallers.

"Hey baby, you have a hot bod." A familiar, raspy voice called behind me. My eyes grew large but continued to walk a little faster. "I should be at school any minute." I thought.

"Don't like my compliments, baby?" The voice moved closer before the owner made their way in front of me. The owner of the cold voice belonged to none other than my ex-boyfriend, Dylan Jackson.

He always had an odd fascination with me, in kindergarten all the way up to freshman year, he would always send his buddies to tell me that he liked me, which would end badly. I told Dallas, then Dylan got his ass beat by my older brother, Dally, but that never stopped him.

"Oh, fuck off Dylan," I said, pushing myself past him. Dylan scoffed before throwing some trash at me.

I ran the rest of the way to school. "Hey Sydney, we waited for you but Dally told us to go on ahead, he said you'd be a while," Ponyboy said, nearly passing me in the hallway.

"Yeah, well I almost had to beat the living shit out of Dylan, he tried flirting with me again," I said, getting stuff out of my locker.

"Gee, I'm sorry Syd, if I would've known that I would've stayed behind," Johnny said, giving me a sweet smile.

I smiled at him before going to class.

The class was pretty boring, as usual, and so were all my other classes.

I walked down to the DX after school with Ponyboy and Johnny. We planned to get a blizzard for each of us and continue to the DX.

We made it to Dairy Queen and got blizzards for us all. We peacefully headed to the DX without any trouble.

We walked into the DX and Sodapop's head shot up. "Hey, guys!" Soda said.

"Dally wanted me to ask you if you wanted to come with us to a party at Bucks. The rest of the gang will be there, besides Darry." I said, looking around the store.

"Yea, I'll go, keep you out of trouble." Soda said with a wink then laughed.

"My shift ends in around 10 minutes if you guys wanna stay until then." We all cheered a yes before I went to look at the magazines. There was a magazine with Marilyn Monroe on the front page. I always loved her, it's too bad she died so soon.

Soon enough Sodapop got up and started to close the store, Johnny, Ponyboy, and I waited for him outside. Finally, he came out and we started walking to Bucks.

Ponyboy talked about how the other night, these Socs were bothering Johnny, so Two-bit had to pull out his switchblade, said it scared the tar right out of em'.

I didn't listen too much, I was bored out of my mind. I knew there would be creepy guys at Bucks and I wasn't in the need or mood to get hit on.

We walked and before I knew it, we were at Bucks. Even before you were on the front porch, you could smell the smoke and booze.

Music blasted from the bar, and people drunkenly came out, while others walked in.

We reached the door and Soda flung it open. Smoke and alcohol filled my nose and I already felt high.

To our pleasure, Dallas met us at the door so we wouldn't have to push through people to find him.

Dally had a cigarette hanging out of his mouth and a beer in his hand. "Now, Sydney, I don't want you touching any booze or cancer sticks ya dig?"

"Dallas, I'm 16, I'm two years older than Ponyboy, and he still gets to smoke, I'm also the same age as Johnny, he smokes and drinks. Why can't I?" I asked eagerly.

"Cause you're my little sister and I said no."