Three

I woke up to Soda being yelled at to wake up by Darry, damn he's loud.

"It's the last day of hell, Sydney, you can do it," I mumbled to myself before getting up out of bed.

I stood there for a second and thought to myself. What am I going to wear today? I might just have to wear what I wore to sleep.

I decided I would wear what I wore to sleep. It's not like I care, and if anyone else cares, they can eat shit.

Since I would be wearing these today, I didn't need to take as long as I normally would, so I stole Sodapop's comb and combed through my hair. It sure was a challenge, I always found regular brushes so much easier to use than combs are.

Soon, I was done brushing through my hair, and started to brush my teeth. I kept a toothbrush here because of how often I stay over. I used Darry's toothpaste, because he's the only one who uses mint, Soda and Pony both use this watermelon toothpaste. Weirdos.

I quickly brushed my teeth and stepped into the kitchen, making myself and the others some breakfast. Darry ate cereal, so I wouldn't have to cook for him, but Pony and Soda still haven't ate, so I made some eggs and bacon for them and myself.

Right as Soda came in, I placed a egg for each of us on a plate, including three pieces of bacon and some milk in plastic cups. I gave a plate and a cup to Sodapop while Ponyboy walked in. I gave him his plate and cup, too.

"I love eggs." I heard Ponyboy say quietly. "What?" I asked, giggling. "I'm in love with eggs. I want to marry them." Pony replied. I laughed and started to eat my food while standing.

They both sat at the table and quickly ate their breakfast. Soda got up first and went to the living room to put his shoes on and put some more grease in his hair while he waited for Darry.

Soon after, Ponyboy was done and thanked me. He walked out of the kitchen to get his book bag while I put the dishes in the sink and put my shoes on too.

Just seconds later after I had got my shoes on, Darry came out rushing all of us into the truck.

Before we got in, Soda gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Have a good day at school, okay." He smiled. My face blushed and I got in the truck.

I sat in the back with Pony while Soda sat upfront and Darry drove. First, Soda was dropped off, then Darry quickly rushed to get us to school. With him in such a rush, I thought he might've been late to work.

"Have a good day guys, Ponyboy, don't get into any trouble, you hear?" Darry said as Pony shut his door. "Yeah, I know. Bye, Darry." Ponyboy said as we both walked into the school.

We didn't see Johnny, so we both headed to our first class.

After the 5th hour, we went to the cafeteria. Then is when we saw poor Johnnycake.

He didn't look too good, his face was pale with a green tint, and he look like he might throw up.

"Are you okay, Johnnycake?" I asked, sitting down beside him. He shook his head and put his head down on the table. I went to go get food and slipped extra milk and orange into my pocket for Johnny.

As soon as we sat down, I gave him the orange and milk.

Please watch this video haha - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xRJivMxs3s

Johnny took the orange and milk. He slowly peeled the orange and ate three slices before he was done.

"Johnny Cade, are you okay?" Ponyboy asked, opening his own orange.

"I don't feel good man, I haven't felt good since I left Buck's," Johnny said, looking at Pony. "Did you get drunk, how many cigarettes did you smoke?" I asked, desperate for an answer.

"I didn't drink any, and I only just had two cigarettes at Bucks," Johnny said before he opened his milk. I looked at Johnny sadly while he took a long sip of the milk.

"Did you eat anything bad? Did you get enough sleep?" I asked, I still wanted to know. I felt bad though, I felt I was overwhelming him.

"I slept in the lot, and uh, I did eat a burger I found in the Dairy Queen dumpster," Johnny mumbled the last part, but I heard it clearly.

"You did what? Johnny.." I told him, I rubbed his hand while he put down the milk. "I'm sorry, I was just really hungry and I didn't have anything at home."

"Johnnycakes, you could've just come over to the Curtis', I would've made you something," I said.

I didn't understand why he didn't come over, I just felt so horrible, why does he have to live like this? He's so nice, funny and sweet. Why does this have to happen to him?

"I'm sorry," Johnny mumbled before returning to laying his head on the table.

"Why don't you go to the nurse, she'll probably send you home, just give her Dally's number. He'll come and get you with Bucks truck." I said. Johnny nodded, and I wrote Dallas' number on a slip of paper and gave it to him.

Johnny steadily walked out of the cafeteria. Just after he went through the doors, the bell rang for our next class.

"I hope he starts to feel better," I said to Ponyboy while throwing my food away. Pony nodded while we walked to class. I could tell Pony felt sympathy, I really hate seeing people sad.

Soon, it was time to go home. It was Friday, so kids hurried out of the school. I walked with Pony to his house. Soda came home earlier than regular due to his boss coming in.

Instead of going straight home, we went to the Dingo.

"Do you like milkshakes?" Ponyboy asked me. "Of course, I do, especially the strawberry ones." I grinned, then looked at the clock. 3:35. Soda is most definitely by home now.

Ponyboy smiled before the waiter came over. He ordered a banana milkshake and a strawberry one for me, I was gonna order a strawberry milkshake, but Pony did it for me.

The waiter soon came over with our milkshakes and I happily drank mine.

"Thank you, Pony." I smiled. "No problem." Ponyboy smiled back.

It might look like Ponyboy likes me, but he doesn't, he has his eyes on a girl named Pheobe. He thinks she's really nice and really pretty.

After we were done, Pony politely paid for my milkshake. I told him I had money on me, but he said not to worry about it. I thanked him and we walked to his house.

As we stepped onto the porch, Ponyboy opened the door. When he did, he stood there. It looked like he had seen a ghost.

"What's wrong, Pony, go on in," I said, getting a little impatient. "I think we should just go to the lot, or even better, we could go to Buck's and see if Johnny's okay." Pony said, he slammed the door and then started trying to push me off the steps.

"Okay, but let me go to the bathroom first, I'll be out in a second," I said, moving past him and walking into the house.

When I opened the door, I saw Sodapop sitting on the couch cuddling with Sandy. What the hell?

"Oh, sorry," I said, I walked out on the verge of tears. I heard Soda calling from behind me, but I continued to walk. "Come on, Ponyboy. Let's go see if Johnny's alright."

I wasn't sure why I was mad. I felt like he truly loved me, even though he hasn't ever said it. I thought we would have something special. I guess not. I'm not special enough for him, I guess I'm just another girl from Tulsa who he got bored of.