|69|

Sixty nine
__________________

"You want me to leave?" Brie asked her mother in shock. "For the whole summer?"

They were sitting in her living room after Jenny had asked Brie if they could talk.

"It's what's for the best right now, honey," Jenny replied, smiling sadly. "You need to be trained. To learn how to control your powers."

"Who's going to train me? And where?"

"She's a friend of your mother's," Jenny explained, going over to the door to open it. "She'll explain everything."

A woman with blonde hair and the lightest blue eyes appeared at the door. Her clothes were white but still managed to be spotless. She had a very simple gold headpiece around her head.

"Hello, Dabria," she smiled kindly. "My name is Uriel. I am an angel, if you have not guess already."

"How did you know my mother," Brie asked suspiciously.

Uriel paused for a moment before smiling. "She was my sister."

Brie didn't say anything at first, only stared at her open mouthed. "She had a sister?"

"Of course, she has many, and brothers too," Uriel replied, standing in front of her. "I made a promise to her before she died that I would be the one to train you, teach you all I know, before your father could get the chance."

"It'll only take a Summer?"

"Oh, my, no," she laughed. "It'll take years before you can possibly dream of reaching your full potential but we can start now, teach you the basics, what you need to know. You'll be back by the end of Summer, don't worry."

"Where will we go?" Brie asked.

"Far away from here," she responded. "I have training grounds ready for you. I will try my best to teach you how to control both sides of you."

"But what about my friends?" Brie asked, turning to Jenny. "I can't leave Stiles."

"I'm going to go get some tea," Jenny said, avoiding her question.

"Ah yes, Stiles," Uriel spoke, her smile dropping slightly. "I think I need to talk to you about having a relationship with a human. I think you know by now that you're.."

"Immortal, yeah, I know," Brie sighed.

"Exactly, meaning your life will only truly begin while his is ending," she continued. "Which is why it is never smart to get attached to a human. It never ends well. You cannot give him the life he may have planned. Your also infertile."

Brie started at her in shock. "I can't have kids?"

"No, you can't," she said. "Seeing as there can only be one Nephalem at a time, you cannot give birth to an offspring that would get the grace of a Nephalem. They wouldn't survive with it."

"So, what your saying is I should break up with Stiles?"

"It would be wise," Uriel said. "You aren't made to live the life he is. A God and a human never work."