|08|

eight
__________________________

The car ride was eerily quiet. Derek kept looking back at Brie in the rear view mirror making the blonde girl uncomfortable.

When they finally pulled up to the Argent household, Allison was the first to get out of the car. "Thanks for the ride, sir." she said politely.

Brie went to follow her out but Derek grabbed her wrist.

"Tell your friend he needs my help." he warned, glaring into her eyes. "You all do."

She pulled her wrist away from his grip. "Don't touch me," she said through gritted teeth. "We don't want your help."

She slammed the car door and made her way up to the Argent household. She turned around once she got to the door but the car was no longer there.

"Hey mom, I'm home." Allison called through the house.

A red haired woman with short hair came from the kitchen. She smiled but something about her just seemed off.

"Welcome home, dear." she hugged her daughter, still smiling. "And this must be Dabria."

Brie held out her hand for the woman to shake. "People just call me Brie, it's nice to meet you Mrs. Argent. Your home is lovely."

The woman shook her hand. "Thank you, dear. And please, call me Victoria."

"We'll be upstairs, mum." Allison cut in, leading the way up to her room.

Allison closed the door behind her. "So, I was thinking we could watch some movies, order some pizza and whatever else girls generally do on sleepovers."

"Sounds great." Brie smiled, making her way over to the bathroom. "I'll just go change first. I'm dying to get out of this dress."

Brie locked the bathroom door and slipped into her pyjamas. She threw her hair in a bun and took her makeup off before joining Allison again.

Allison was already sitting on her bed, getting her laptop out. Brie was just about to sit down beside her when the doorbell could be heard.

"Did you already order pizza?" she asked the brunette, but judging by the confused look on her face she guessed she didn't.

"No, I was just about to," she replied. "It's probably not important."

"Allison! Brie! It's for you," Mrs. Argent called.

The pair immediately jumped up to see who on earth was here for them at this hour. They stood at the top of the stairs looking down.

It was Stiles.

Brie's eyes widened but Allison's face scrunched up in confusion.

"Hey Stiles," Allison greeted unsurely.

"Oh- um- hey," Stiles stuttered back, looking for excuses as to why he could be here. "Scott wanted me to tell you that- um- that he wasn't feeling well and he's sorry he had to go so suddenly."

"Oh okay, thanks. Brie already told me he was sick earlier so," Allison said, motioning towards the blonde beside her.

"Yeah, okay. That's all I needed to say," he said back, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck. "I'll talk to you tomorrow," he continued mostly to Brie considering he didn't even talk to Allison much in school.

"Yeah, see you then," Brie responded, turning to go back to Allison's room.

She heard Stiles say a quick goodbye to Victoria before the door shut. The blonde girl flopped down on Allison's bed and cringed. She didn't understand why she suddenly felt awkward. I mean, Stiles and her are best friends. Best friends can give each other butterflies when being so close to each other, it's no big deal.