|22|

twenty two
________________________

Brie walked into class and took the seat beside Scott. Scott tried getting Stiles to sit in the seat behind him but he wasn't fast enough and Allison got there before him. So instead, Stiles took the seat behind his other best friend.

"This is gonna be real awkward," Brie whispered to Stiles while taking a pen that was on his desk. He gave her a look so she only shrugged and said, "What? I forgot mine."

The pair had to contained their laughter as they listened to the conversation happening beside them. Until Allison mentioned that she switched lab partners.

"Hey, I was your lab partner," Brie whined, feeling betrayed.

"Yeah, well, Stiles is your new partner," the brunette shrugged, giving her a wink.

Brie scoffed. "I didn't even want to be your lab partner anyway."

Stiles tapped her on the shoulder. "Come to my place tonight? You know, to work on the project," he invited.

"Yeah, of course," she accepted. "I'll be there at around 7."

Coach slammed his books on his table to get the classes attention. "Let's settle down," he ordered. "Let's start with a quick summary of last night's reading."

Brie had actually done last nights reading, but she still didn't put her hand up but a few other hands went up around her.

"Greenberg, put your hand down. Everybody knows you did the reading," Coach continued. "How about, McCall."

Brie lifted her head up. She knew for a fact that Scott did not do any reading last night. Coach is definitely going to make him angry. She looked back at Stiles who she knew was thinking the same thing as her.

"The reading," Coach went on.

"Last night's reading?" Scott asked, stupidly. He has too much going on his mind to pay attention in class, but, of course, he can't exactly tell the teacher that.

"How about the reading of The Gettysburg Address?" he answered sarcastically.

"What?"

"That's sarcasm," Coach clarified. "You family with the term 'sarcasm', McCall?"

Scott looked back at Stiles who had a proud smile on his face. "Very."

"Did you do the reading or not?" Coach got back to the point.

"Um.. I think I forgot."

"Nice work, McCall," Coach praised sarcastically. "It's not like you're not averaging a 'D' in this class. Come on, buddy. You know I can't keep you on the team if you have a 'D'."

The monitor began to beep in Stiles hands.

"How about you summarize the previous night's reading. No? How about the night before that?"

The monitor was speeding up.

"How about you summarize anything you've ever read in your entire life? No? A blog? How about the back of a cereal box?"

The beeping was getting quicker.

"No? How about the adults-only warning from your favourite website you visit every night? Anything?"

Brie was sure he was going to transform, right here, right now. "Oh shit," she whispered for only Stiles to hear.

"Thank you, McCall, thank you," Coach seemed to finish. "Thank you, McCall! Thank you for extinguishing any last flicker of hope I have for your generation. You just blew it for everybody. Thanks. Next practice you can start with suicide runs. Unless that's too much reading."