|02|

two
_____________________

"We're seriously doing this?" Scott asked as they all started to get out of the car. Dabria only now realized how cold it was and began to hug herself for more warmth.

"You're the one always bitching that nothing ever happens in this town." Stiles commented, shining the flashlight he was holding into the empty, dark woods ahead.

"I was trying to get a good night's sleep before practice tomorrow." Scott complained.

"Right, 'cause sitting on the bench is such a gruelling effort." Dabria teased, a smirk plastered on her face.

"No, because I'm playing this year." Scott said with so much confidence. "In fact, I'm making first line."

"Hey, that's the spirit." Stiles muttered sarcastically. "Everyone should have a dream, even a pathetically unrealistic one."

"You can't say much Stiles, you're too chicken to even go after your dream gir-" Scott started. Stiles quickly cut him off with a glare before looking over to Brie to see if she had heard what the floppy hair teen had said.

"Just out of curiosity, which half of the body are we looking for?" the blonde asked uneasily, clearly not paying attention to the boys conversation, much to Stiles' relief.

"Huh. I didn't even think about that." Stiles answered with a nervous laugh.

"Wait so what if whoever killed the body is still out here?" Scott asked, fear lacing in his voice.

"Also something I didn't think about." Stiles answered before climbing the steep hill in front of the trio.

"It's comforting to know you've planned this out with you usual attention to detail." Scott panted between breaths, falling behind his two best friends slightly. "Maybe the severe asthmatic should be the one holding the flashlight, huh?"

"Stiles, wait up!" Brie called after the over excited teenager.

"Hurry up, Brie." Stiles said back in a hushed whisper, pulling the blonde by the wrist, not noticing Scott falling behind.

The two teens dropped to the ground after hearing voices in the distance. After a few seconds, Scott followed their lead, dropping onto his stomach beside them.

A burst of energy went through Stiles as he jumped up. "Hey, come on." he said as he grabbed Brie by the wrist once again, forcing her to follow after him.

"Guys!" she heard Scott call from behind them. She assumed he was following closely behind them so she kept her eyes in front of her, making sure not to trip over anything while she tried keep up with Stiles.

After only a few moments of running, Stiles seemed to finally hear Scott yelling from behind them. They both simultaneously turned towards the direction his voice was coming from.

Brie opened her mouth to call for Scott but was instantly cut off by barking. She fell to the ground with Stiles, covering her face with her hands hoping not to get eaten by the police K-9 that just pounced on her.

"Hang on, hang on." an all too familiar voice was heard. "One of those little delinquents belongs to me."

Brie didn't even have to look up to know that it was the Sheriff talking. Sheriff Noah Stilinski was the closest thing the teenage girl had to a father. She was always over at the Stilinski household with Stiles so being close with the older Stilinski just came naturally.

"Dad, how are you doing?" Stiles asked his father, trying to act natural as he jumped up off the ground and back onto his feet. He turned to the blonde girl and quickly helped up as well.