|26|

twenty six
_________________________

A few minutes passed. No one knew what to say. Stiles was checking to make sure Brie was okay when Jackson rudely interrupted them.

"Call the cops," Jackson demanded.

"No," Stiles replied, keeping his eyes on Brie.

"What do you mean, 'No'?"

"I mean no," he finally turned away from the blonde girl to face him. "You want to hear it in Spanish? Noh," he put on a thick Spanish accent for the last word. A terrible Spanish accent, to be clear. Brie would've laughed if it didn't hurt to do so.

"Look, Derek killed three people, okay? We don't know what he's armed with," Stiles continued.

"Your dad is armed with an entire sheriff's department," Jackson argued.

"We don't need any help-" Brie tried cutting in.

"Have you seen the blood coming out of your stomach?" Jackson turned to the girl. "I'm surprised you haven't fainted yet. You need medical attention, Brie."

"I'm calling," Lydia decided, taking out her phone.

Stiles stepped forward. "No, Lydia, would you just hold on a sec..." But both Jackson and Scott stopped him from moving forward.

"Yes, we're a Beacon Hills High School," Lydia spoke into the phone. "We're trapped and we need you to.." She stopped speaking, taking the phone away from her ear. "She hung up on me."

"The police hung up on you?" Allison repeated.

"Isn't that, like, illegal or some shit?" Brie muttered, leaning against a nearby table.

"She said they got a tip warning them that there are gonna be prank calls about a break-in at the high school. She said if I called again that they're gonna trace it and have me arrested."

"Okay, then call again," Allison suggested/ ordered.

"No, they won't trace a cell," Stiles informed. "And they'll send a car to your house before they send anyone here."

"We can get out ourselves if everyone just calms down-" Brie said walking around the room to look for something to help them.

"What the...." Allison interrupted her again. "What.... What is this?" She placed her head in her hands. "Why does Derek want to kill us? Why is he killing anyone?"

"Oh my..." Brie mumbled quietly. Can Allison just stop with the questions? She tuned out as Lydia and Allison began throwing more questions at Scott.

"All right, why don't we ease back on the throttle here, yeah?" Stiles finally tried calming everyone down.

Brie walked back over to them. "Yes, I like that idea."

Stiles began to push both Scott and Brie away from the rest of the group to talk in private.

"Okay first off, Brie what the fuck actually happened to you?" Stiles started in a hushed voice.