|34|

thirty four
_____________________

"Is something wrong, Ally?" Brie asked as the three of them went up the escalator of the 'Macy's' that they were in. They were about to shop for their dresses.

"Nothing's wrong," Allison answered. "I just have a lot on my mind."

"You could smile, at least," Lydia chirped. She was delighted to be shopping. It was her favourite thing to do. "Ever heard the saying, 'Never frown, someone could be falling in love with your smile'?"

Brie laughed. "Yeah, smile Allison. I'm buying you a dress."

Allison gave her a look. "Have to admit as far as apologies go, that's more then I expected."

"Even though I have nothing to apologise for," Brie said. "I still feel bad for what happened."

"And as much as I appreciate that I'm still going to ask more of you," the brunette said, giving her a smirk.

"What?" the blonde turned to Lydia to see if the strawberry blonde was as confused as she was but Lydia also had a smirk on her face. "What's that supposed to mean? Why are you giving me that look?"

"Have you not noticed by now that I haven't set you up with some dumb roided- up jocks that have asked to go with you?" Lydia said. "Which were many, by the way."

"I thought you gave up on me after what happened with Lucas," Brie shrugged.

"No, you are going to go with somebody else," Allison announced. Brie really only wanted to go with one person so she prayed and prayed that they were talking about who she wanted them to be talking about.

"Who?"

Lydia and Allison both looked over in the same direction so Brie followed their gaze.

Standing over there was Stiles Stilinski, spraying himself in the face with the tester sample perfumes.

"Him," they said in unison.

He began to have a sneezing fit because of the strong smells. It was adorable.

"Wait," she looked back at them. "I have to ask him? But he doesn't like me like that."

"Don't frown, Brie," Allison teased. "Someone could be falling in love with your smile."

Stiles caught sight of the girls and awkwardly waved over.

Lydia gave her a nudge. "Go."

Brie took a deep breath before walking towards her best friend. Her crush? I don't know.

"Which one do you think smells the best?" Brie asked, referring to all the perfumes.

Stiles was startled by her sudden appearance but quickly recollected himself. "They all smell a little too strong for my liking."

"That's because you're not supposed to just spray them in your face," Brie laughed, picking up the first one she saw. "Look."

She sprayed a small bit on her wrist and rubbed it on her other wrist. She smelt it herself before holding her wrist up to Stiles.

Stiles gave her a weird look before smelling her wrist. His expression instantly changed. "Oh, your right, that does smell better."

Brie laughed and put the bottle back. "You learn something new everyday."

"Allison and Lydia said to meet you here because you had something to ask me?"

"Oh, yes," her heartbeat quickened. "I was just wondering if you had a date to the Formal tonight."