|12|

twelve
_________________________

"I don't know Ally, it was weird." Brie sighed as the paired walked to the pitch together. She had just told Allison about the almost kiss with Stiles last night while they walked to the pitch to watch the lacrosse match.

"I don't think it's weird." the brunette shrugged.

"You don't?"

"Nope." she looked over at the blonde. "I think it just proves you like him."

"Why is this so confusing?" the Ross girl complained, looking around for Lydia who was saving them a seat.

"It's only confusing if you make it confusing."

The pair made there way over to Lydia who was waving them over.

~~~~

"You going to try and convince me not to play?" Scott asked Stiles while they were in the locker room getting ready for the game.

"I just hope you know what you're doing."

"If I don't play, I lose first line and Allison." Scott over exaggerated. "If you were in this situation and it meant Brie liking you back, you'd play, wouldn't you?"

"Allison's not going anywhere." Stiles pointed out, ignoring his previous comment because they both already know what the answer is. "And it's one game that you really don't need to play."

"I wanna play! I wanna be on the team. I wanna go out with Allison. I want a semi-freaking-normal life." the floppy hair teen sighed. "I thought you of all people would understand what it's like to really want the girl of your dreams."

"Okay can you stop bringing Brie into this." Stiles blurted. He let out a heavy sigh and lowered his voice. "I get it."

He sat down on the bench beside his best friend, thinking of the right words to say. "Just try not to worry too much while you're out there, okay? Or get too angry."

"I got it."

"Or stressed.

"Yeah, I got it."

"Don't think about Allison being in the stands. Or that heh father is trying to kill you. Or that Derek's trying to kill you. Or the girl he killed, or that you might kill someone. If a hunter doesn't kill you first-" he noticed the stressed look Scott was giving him. "I'm sorry, I'll stop. Brie is better at comforting people then me."

They made there way out to the pitch together and Stiles instantly saw Brie in the stands. She was cheering with Lydia and Allison. His heart warmed at how happy she looked, he couldn't help but smile.

"Mom! Melissa!" the blonde girl called once she saw the two adults searching for seats. Allison's dad had also come to watch so he was sitting beside Allison.

"Where did Lydia go?" Allison asked. "I could've sworn she was just here a minute ago."

Brie looked around, she didn't even see the strawberry blonde leave. "Found her. She's threatening Scott."

"Oh god," the brunette sighed, putting her head in her hands.

"You girls excited?" Jenny asked as she took the seat beside her daughter. "I can't believe Scott is playing, Melissa. I knew he had it in him!"

"Yeah, let's just hope he does well," Melissa smiled, waving at her son.

Brie looked away from the two moms and back towards the pitch. She saw that Stiles was already looking at her with a smile. He waved over at her enthusiastically once they made eye contact.